Nose Pokes 0_o

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
Bud recently has been warming up to me it seems.I was curious about something though... I was on all 4s talking to himlast night and he was finally curious of me. He was poking me with hisnose occasionally as he ran by. It wasn't like a poke to get out of theway but more like a tag to say "hi" or something. I wasn't 100% surewhat it meant so i figured i'd ask. Everything i've read said nosebumps were either to move (which this wasn't the case) or as a requestto be pet but he doesn't like to be pet.

Any ideas? Its not a bad thing in the least, just... not normal? =P

edit - maybeI pet him wrong? Is there a certain place they do/don't like to be touched?

Loki used to do that a lot, especially when hefirst started warming up to us. It was pretty much"Hi! How ya doing?" Then he'd hop away.Later when he decided he liked to be petted more he would poke us totell us that he wanted to be petted. Now he just expects tobe petted 24/7!:lol

How are you petting him? Most buns like to have their facesstroked from their nose to their ears. Rubbing their jaws isanother good one- where they angle just below the ears. Thenose-to-tail stroke is popular too but not always at first- probabybecause it requires more trust. I also rub the bases of theirears and scratch the back of their necks. This last oneusually takes longer for them to let me do if they've been picked up bythe scruff a lot in the past.

Normally around the base of the ear's andinbetween the 2 ears going with the fur. He would let me for a bit butgenerally hop away at first contact with me. Also he seems to likebeing pet more around his hind legs/back/spine on his back half whichkinda threw me off.

Also I think talking to him more in a lower voice was the way to winhim over. I don't know if it resembles a tooth pur or what but both Budand Nanali get all twitchy when I start talking then the binkiesexplode out of them. Anyone else notice this?

Tumnus does this to me :)

He's not the most snuggly of buns. He rarely lets me pet him. Butsometimes he will run up to me and nudge me and then run off. Heespecially loves to nudge my leg or foot when Im sitting here typing.

Ive tried petting him after the nudge, and I often get a foot flick ashe runs off, so I take it he doesnt want me to pet him. I think itsjust their way of saying, "hey, whats up?" and then running off ;)

Ah! Thats almost exactly how Bud does it =P Its generally to my legs or back while i'm sitting with him.:)

I get nose pokes too :D, and I sort of enjoythem :jumpforjoy:. I always get it more with new bunnies thanestablished ones however. It's sort of like they want to sniff you,then poke you a bit to see if you are alive or will turn around to grab'em.

herman does this, but we call them eskimokisses. . .as you can request a 'kiss' and get a nose nudge in returnon your nose if your face is at his level.

my old rabbit trixie would really lick you when you said 'kissgoodnight'. . . i think i rather herman's nudges then rabbit mouth onme! but it is very cute!

winnie doesn't really do it anymore, she use to, now she just would rather sleep then give me the time of day.

katie

Latest posts

Back