northern ontario rabbit rescues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquaticRex

Reaction score
i made a deal with the boyfriend that if i can find employment, then i can get a second bunny. i'm thinking that there are no rabbit rescues up here, and i would have to travel way out of town to find one that does rescue rabbits. but before i give up, is there any rabbit rescues up north here? cause i can't find any...

i cant wait to go to school for business and a bunch of other things. i wanna open a rabbit rescue shelter and a pet vacation place lol.

There are rabbits at almost all municipal shelters in Ontario, if they don't have any they'd be the in best position to point you in the right direction. I would imagine there aren't any specifically in Northern Ontario, but as is the case with small animal rescues, they are foster based and may have some foster homes in your area.

yea the nearest one (beautiful one but i can't get to her) lives half way between Toronto and Ottawa. if i could get to her then i would get her, but i can't. i'm sure that there are some others that may be a bit closer, but my boyfriend (who used to hate rabbits) seems to have an obsession with Rex Rabbits lol. he sorta added into the agreement that if i am to get another rabbit then it quote "must be another rex rabbit, a mini rex or a rex mix" unquote. i know that there are a few breeders for mini's here, but i'd rather adopt, just cause those one's will sell any ways, and i have a soft heart for those that are homeless lol.

Hi:

I know that I am quite a distance from you (Oshawa, ON), but I have 3 rex/silver marten mix babies (all males) that will be ready for adoption in another week or so. I'm not a breeder, just a bunny mom who adopted two rabbits (one of which had a gender misdiagnosis), and am now a "grandbunny" as well.

If interested, please see y blog http://mitchellbabybunnies.blogspot.com

Thanks! I'd love to keep them all, but I cannot afford to fix them either. It will difficult enough getting the mom and one baby we are keeping done (the dad was fixed right after the kits were born). Neither do I have space for that many bunnies.

Back