North Star Rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*Midnight Moon*~

Reaction score
[align=center]
Allmyrabbits.gif
Welcome!
Allmyrabbits.gif
[/align]

[align=center]To the new and improved North Star Rabbitry Blog![/align]
[line]

[align=left]Due to my need of everything being perfect! I have decided to completely update my Blog post. That means, all new animal pictures will be posted![/align]

[align=left]I will also be getting more into detail with each and every animal. I know this is mainly a rabbit site. But, I feel the need for everyone to know all about my animals.[/align]

[align=left]Some animals may have more pictures then other, that doesn't mean I like them better. Just means I couldnt decide on which picture to use![/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[/align]

omg all your rabbitsare so cute! And all your dogs, and other animals :inlove:

I love Winzer'slittle Puff of hair on the top of his head! :biggrin2:

Yeah, Its kinda like a Mohawk! :shock:

Winzer came from a Kill auction, Which I personally hate going to because I always want to take them all home but I know I cant. :(

Well Anyway, Like two weeks after I bought her she had a litter.

DesisPics076.jpg

(Thats SirRu, The little white one in the front :))

Wow what a HUGE family, how many people do you have helping you take care of all those bunners and others....hehe

Love the duck pic!
Do you also have another job and how many hours each day does it take to groom show buns, clean, feed etc.
Do you have a special vet that gives you good rates or do you have to pay the standard cost of vet treatments.

So in the States , they have Kill Auctions? Sounds like a stupid question, but how does that work?

Hope you don't mind all the questions? Specially the dumb ones but would love to know more about your bunners :biggrin2:

lemonaxis wrote:
Wow what a HUGE family, how many people do you have helping you take care of all those bunners and others....hehe

Love the duck pic!
Do you also have another job and how many hours each day does it take to groom show buns, clean, feed etc.
Do you have a special vet that gives you good rates or do you have to pay the standard cost of vet treatments.

So in the States , they have Kill Auctions? Sounds like a stupid question, but how does that work?

Hope you don't mind all the questions? Specially the dumb ones but would love to know more about your bunners :biggrin2:

I've been taking care of them all by myself for the past few years! I also work at a Real Estate office and I've been offered another job at the Local animal shelter, and vet clinic.

It usually only takes me a few hours in the morning to feed and groom, and play. Then in the afternoon it usually takes a lot longer, cause I'm not usually in a hurry then. The vets give me good prices, the more rabbits I bring in at a time, the cheaper it is.

The only time I'm not getting a good deal is when I've got a emergency past clinic hours.. Then I'd have to bring them to the Emergency Clinic that stays open all night. Not the cheapest though, $100 just to walk in the door with them! :?

Kill auctions usually only deal with rabbits, and They are just like normal auctions they just offer to butcher the animal on the spot, and what doesn't sell is killed.Not many places have them.

I didn't mind the questions at all! Glad you showed interest.. :biggrin2:

Hi, nice big family you got there! Winzer's adorable (and so is everyone else, but i particularly like the magpie colouring :p)!

so you mean in kill auctions, you would actually see rabbits being butchered right in front of you?? :shock: omg, i don't think my heart could that that!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Bless you for saving little Winzer!

~*Midnight Moon*~ wrote:
Kill auctions usually only deal with rabbits, and They are just like normal auctions they just offer to butcher the animal on the spot, and what doesn't sell is killed.Not many places have them.

I didn't mind the questions at all! Glad you showed interest.. :biggrin2:

All your pets are so CUTE! I love fuzzy lops and the other buns and other pets are adorable too. At first I was hoping you live in Alaska, since everything around here is North Star Whatever. I live in the Fairbanks North Star Borough and we even have a North Star Fire Department.

North Star Rabbitry is expecting two new members in the next few months!

I've been talking to someone and since my two favorite rabbit breeds, (Lilac, and Champage d'argent) recently became extinct in my barn I decided to get some again.

As of two days ago, I know own a Lilac and a Champagne. I just need to figure out when I can get down to get them.

And did I mention, They are out of champion bloodlines!!

:biggrin2:

Geesh, I've got rabbits coming in from ever direction!

Please welcome my newest breeding pair!

Two Velveteen Lop rabbits!

Pictures will be uploaded soon, and I hope everyone takes a look!

Yes, Chezney is a Saint Bernard.

Sadly over the past few months that I havent been on there has been a fewdeaths in my beloved animal family.

Ginger, My beloved riding companion: March 2, 1986 - November 15, 2008

Daisy, A great pasture buddy: December 29,1999 - March 3, 2009

Domino & Metallica, The best two ducks to ever walk my land: April 4, 2007 - January 5, 2009

And last but not least...

Scooby-Doo, My best and loyal friend

RIPScooby-Doo.jpg

Latest posts

Back