Normal Weight Loss?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Ok almost two months ago I noticed that the trio was having excess cecals. I kept running different test and found it was Dallas. I played around his food and found he was eatting ALOT more than he should.

At that time he was 4.2lbs. Eatting well over 1/4 cup I would say alittle more than half a cup. He has now for alittle over a month been eatting 1/8 cup of pellets. No extra pellets. Since than we have noticed he has been alot more active. I weighed him today and he was 3.15lbs. Would that be and ok amount to lose in that spand of time?

Alicia and the slimmer Dallas.

The safe rate of weight loss for a rabbit is .3 pounds to .5 pounds a month. So if he lost about a pound in two months, that is definitely a safe rate of weight loss. But not any faster than that.

Good for Dallas. Erik is also having some weight problems. He needs to lose about two pounds, although he is due for his weigh-in and I think that he may have lost a few grams.

Back