Normal pictures of Sweetheart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle Savage

Reaction score
Anyone know what type of rabbit she is, or a guess? I like to get lots of people's views. Thanks!
16716_062141_580000001.jpg

16716_062141_560000000.jpg

16716_051856_130000001.jpg

16716_051848_210000000.jpg

16716_051856_160000003.jpg

Ok there are the best of the ones I have to identify her breed, thanks for the response.

Could be but by looking at lots of pictures and videos of mini and holland lops I have noticed that mini lops have shorter ears and some holland lops do have a pointier nose than other holland lops for example:
Holland lops~
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/gallery_view.php?display=ALL&page=2 (pointy nose holland)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXC5xTVMrQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXC5xTVMrQU[/ame] (this one looks like it could be my bunnies twin!)

If she is a mix then that is ok. I spent about $50 on her, and most would laugh at me (maybe) but we were meant to be, so she is worth tons (alot) more to me than what another thinks she's worth. The main reason I want to know is cause I love her so much and want to know all about her, plus this helps take better care of her. Either way, mix, mini, holland or whatever, I love her the same. :bunnyheart
The pet store is suppose to call the breeder to ask him questions I had, such as her breed, birthday and other details I wanted to know of her and her family.
Thank you all for your responses, much appreciated! :pray:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534Di8BLtZM&feature=related[/ame]

Here's a good video explaining the difference of Holland and Mini Lop. Seems it's a big problem out there telling the difference. Sometimes they are so alike you can only go by weight.

But what was explained in the video is that your little girl is a Holland.

Hope this helps.

K:)

BTW, I paid $40 each for Dobby and Kreacher, with no pedigrees. Just for bunnies. Well worth every penny. Because through these two little guys, I learned so much about bunnies, that it help bring in 3 more. 1 rescue 2 purebreds.

So you won't hear me laughing.

Have fun with your sweetie. Rabbits are such awesome animals to experience.

I am so glad for the advice and help. Maybe the breeder knew your and my rabbits where special. I think so. I can hardly wait to watch that video and reply...

Yeah I had watched this video before and even emailed the lady (as she had offered her advice if one wanted it) and have yet to hear her response. I wonder how qualified she is though... because I have heard different things from different people and have seen many videos that say holland or mini lop and look alike or look different... so people just may not know what type they have, like me, ha. From that video and her view (or knowledge) Sweetheartwould be a holland lop... her markings definately look like a holland lop, hardly any doubt (after looking at many websites and such)!
I hope the pet storegets a hold of the breeder for me, ugh, ha ha.

I can only imagine your life is full with 5 bunnies! I just have one, work part time, take care of the home and have a husband, and I am always busy with her or something...they are more responsibility than a dog, I am sure of it! Ha.:biggrin:

Michelle Savage wrote:
Yeah I had watched this video before and even emailed the lady (as she had offered her advice if one wanted it) and have yet to hear her response. I wonder how qualified she is though... because I have heard different things from different people and have seen many videos that say holland or mini lop and look alike or look different... so people just may not know what type they have, like me, ha. From that video and her view (or knowledge) Sweetheartwould be a holland lop... her markings definately look like a holland lop, hardly any doubt (after looking at many websites and such)!
I hope the pet storegets a hold of the breeder for me, ugh, ha ha.
She seem to know what she was talking about. And since you found lots of different ways to view what a holland lop and mini lop is, then I guess she's right that you can only tell some by weight. Sorry she didn't get back to you regarding your question. A person with a good heart, but lousy organization skills?

Best bet now is to hear from the breeder. She is probably the only one who will truly know what she bred and what your little girl is. And if you never know, just like I will never know if Willard my rescue is a True Netherland, you still gotta love them. lol

She's a lovely girl no matter what she really is.

K:)

Well, even if she is supposed to be a holland and isn't, if it makes you feel any better my Layla is a papered holland lop and her ears NEVER lop, soooo I blame the breeder for poor stock selection, but love her just the same. :)

Awe, she looks like a holland lop though in the picture (if that is Layla in that pic.). Maybe she is just special. Mine has her ears back alot but most of the time they flop, unless I am holding her, then they lay on her back. Yeah, who is to say if these people are even trustworthy (breeders, pet stores, etc.) Some are I am sure, but I am sure alot of rabbit owners have been tricked, but when you get your rabbit you fall in love with it and it doesn't matter, minus the desire to know everything about them! Ha.:rainbow:

Well, I knew seeing her that she wasn't from great lines (both her parents have control of their ears and one has a long face)... The breeder even talked to me about wanting to start showing them and I had to resist the urge to tell her that she had mutt rabbits. Every time I tell someone that Layla is a holland lop they go but don't lops' ears, you know... lop? Oh well, the breeder raised her bunnies with kids and handled them from day one onwards, so I chose her for personality over type since I'm not showing or breeding.

Yeah that's the thing, it's really hard sometimes. She could be a mix, she could be purebred but from bad 'stock' so that doesn't give her the correct type, etc. It's quite tough. I do find her face a bit pointy myself but then again it's really hard to tell. I guess what will helpgive you more info will be her weight full-grown. Personally, I'd feel perfectly fine with calling her a cute lop mix that resulted in such a sweet girl. :p

Latest posts

Back