Non-slip NIC cage floors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm thinking of building an NIC cage for the ladies, but I don't wantthe slippery floor problems that I'm having with Mocha and Loki's dogcrate. I'm worried that the usually-recommended chloroplast(sp?) looks a bit slippery. Have you had problems withit? What else would work?

I'm using this corregated cardboard material Ifound at the local teacher's store. It comes in colors and isa huge 4'x6' piece for about $5. Its meant for bullitenboards in school.

I used those foam type things that kids buildforts with, you can get a set at Sam' for about $20.00 for 8 panels.BB's cage only used 4, but I cut them to fit and lined one ledge withone of the remnants.

So far she hasn't chewed on it a bit, but I do have it pretty good wedged in there.

Clean up is easy... too

I keep forgeting to post a pic in the cage section. Going to do that now ..;)

bren

We just discovered the joys of coroplast, and haven'thad a problem with the rabbits slipping on it.

As it's so cheap, I think it's worth a shot for you to give it a try.

I use linoleum. Its a little slippery, but my bunnies don't seem to mind.

FairyTailFuzzies wrote:
Mine ate the linoleum. Careful
Mine too. But the linoleum is bigger than the cage, so they can onlyget at it when they are out of the cage. When they are out of the cagewe watch them carefully, for that exact reason.

Latest posts

Back