No sign of babies - when do I rebreed???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a french lop first time mum who was due to give birth on 7th Jan (31 days), however ive had a really funny feeling that she was not pregnant and there has been no sign at all of nestbuilding or pulling fur.

I was wondering whenit would be safe to rebreed her, I need to do this fairly quick as she is approx 10 mth old now and not had her first litter yet.

Any information is grealy appreciated.

Kelly

If she is showing no nesting signs and you have palpated her and found

no kits I would rebreed her right away if she is receptive. Some of the larger

breeds take a little longer to mature and she might not have been ready.

Good Luck

Roger

I agree with the bigger breeds needing more time to mature, I normally don't breed my Flemish until 11 months old. I also have noticed that the Flemish often don't kindle until the 33rd day, once it was the 35th day, so I always give my girls a few extra days. Good Luck!

I've always been told to rebreed three days after the due date (or if they had a litter and lost them all at birth).

Not sure about that....

Peg

Go ahead and rebreed right away. Larger breeds ususally mature at an older age, but she should've been plenty old enough. At any rate, rebreed her. If she's pregnant, the act of sex can actually help ripen their cervix and can prepare them for labor and sometimes even put them into labor w/in a day or two. You can also feed her 1 Tums w/calcium. No more than 1 per day! The calcium's supposed to help induce labor as well as raspberry tea/leaves.

And actually, does are more feritle after 24hrs, not 3 days.

Latest posts

Back