No post-Winter moulting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buns have the opposite situation to the usual moulting problem of losing lots of fur at once.

The temperatures in SE England have hit 30 degrees this week and both my buns still have their full winter coats with no sign of imminent moulting. Poor buns are kept in the shade of course and flop out with their stomach's exposed trying to stay cool. Why would a seasonal moult not happen? :?

Jo x

Rabbits shed every 3 months. Every alternate time they'll have a light shedding that may not be very noticeable. Next they'll have a heavy shedding that you will not be able to escape.

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/groom.html

I don't think rabbits shed as soon as the weather gets warm- especially as England is SUCH an unpredictable and changing country when it comes to the weather.

I wouldn't worry- they could be having a light shed at the moment, and then in about 3 months the heavy shedding will begin.

Jen

Most of my senior rabbits are just starting to molt here in NH. My otter buck Angus looks like he exploded. I took him outside and plucked all the loose fur from him and it looked like it was snowing.

Roger

Latest posts

Back