No one will take rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandshawn

Reaction score
A bit of a vent

I have just had a lady call me and said she has heard that I like bunsand can I take her 3, she found one of the rabbits a week ago, and shecant keep them anymore, so i told her that I couldn't sorry but sheshould try the RSPCA, and the local rabbit rescue, she said that theRSCPA is closed today (which is stupid) and the lady with thre rabbitrescue said she is full, the lady said she will have to let them go, Iasked her if there was a family member that could take one or all 3 andshe said no, i don't know what else to tell her, she said she will letthem go in a field ahhh

Don't feel too bad. We are allin the same "boat".We all do what we can, for our own animalsandas well as whatever (whomever?) comes ourway.And our hearts achefor the ones we can't help.

You do what you can, but you can not jeopardize the buns youhave....I've had bunnies dropped off here, left on the doorstep, incardboard boxes outside the barn. And I've been begged totake in more than I can count.

You can only do so much... and you have your buns health and safety to consider, first and foremost!

Have her call the Locals HRS , inyour area I know the UK has them, they will most likely be able to place them forher .

I could rant on and on buteveryone knows my opinion on such matters, so I wont waste time andeffort here , HRS is the bestsolution for now.

Known as the "rabbit lady" in the area, I havehad many experiences like this as well. In fact, earlier thisweek someone asked me to take their rabbit because their new dogdidn't get along with it. It's irritating and you feelhelpless, but as Carolyn has told me time and time again: Youcannot save them all. It is unfortunate.

Can you contact her? I've heard asuccessful story about a woman trying to home a lovebird, she ended upgiving the bird, with the cage, toys, food, etc. to a convalescent home(sp?) and apparently that bird was loved dearly by all of theresidents. They would even argue about who got to clean thecage. And the bird flourished AND had a forever home :D

LuvaBun wrote:
You could try this site

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk

and see if there is anywhere near you that could help. I tried to lookfor you, but my computer is being a pain in the you-know-where at theminute.

Jan
Thanks but I already tried that site, the one they have listednear me is a dog rescue and they dont take buns, think they need tosort out there site a bit lol

Back