No more Mr Nice Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
Gone are the days when we had a delightful little baby, Lots of love and hugs and him playing sweetly in the living room.

Six months later I have a devil Bunny. Every time I go into his cage Ifear for my life :shock:. I put my hand in and grunt and thud, hepushes me away with his head. When I come to feed him I almost get myhands bitten off as he grunts at me again. Every morning I have atipped up food bowl (this is a ceramic one - very heavy) and twice Ihave had a busted water bottle where his teeth have bitten through it.

Is this him going through a childlike stage? Will I ever get my lovable bunny back?

Snowy.......................:p

Sounds like your baby... as with many others... has hit the terrible teens.

Is he altered? That may help issues some, or so I hope with my own unruly teen.

If he bites, you may want to try to pin him, squeal and then explain ina firm tone that YOU are the alpha bunny and he better learn to dealwith it. Just dont be too strong that you hurt him, juststrong enough that he knows you mean business!

He had just reached 6 months old. Is that terrible two stage in bunny years?

Another thing is when he actually graces us with his presence he nips.Caitlyn was asleep on the sofa, when he just went up to her and nippedher feet. She wasn't impressed :(

I have noticed that he has matured a lot. His urine issmellingstronger too. Maybe a visit to the vet to gethimfixed is in order!That aught tochill him out abit!

Vickie

Ps - Check this pic, this was when he was tiny. Butter wouldn't melt :(

Well you have to nip the nipping in thebud! Let him know you dont appreciate it by making a loudsqueak when he does it, exaggerate and make him think he really hurtyou. He might not even realize he is that rough.. and yes...hormones make bunny urine a lot stronger... and I can tell that becausemy little Teen Monster just sprayed the cardboard house :X

Ohhh I cant wait to get him neutered!

WELCOME BACK, DaisyNBuster!! :)

I've missed you so much!!

How's my little Caitlyn love? I think she's the cutest baby in theworld. I've even gone as far as showing her picture to friends andfamily and they melt. "Hey, you've gotta see this baby. She's thecutest little punkin I've ever seen!" They all do agree. Give her a bigsnuggle for me.

As to your little troublemaker, agree with the others that it'shormones raging and that getting him neutered should help settle himdown. What a little bugger!! The baby picture of him is so angelic.Typical, isn't it?!

*Big Hug* It's so good to hear from you again! How's Siobhan and Ryan? And is Caitlyn's big sister adjusting well?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back