No bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn

Reaction score
I keep buster in the living room only its fairlygood size plenty of room for him to run. I have covered all the lightcords with some pipe insulation I got at lows. I have also blocked ofbehind the computer desk with cardboard so he cant get behind it. WellI got up to get a drink last night and he had gotten in back of thecomputer and bit clean through the power cord to my modem. He is fine alittle mad at me for putting him in his cadge while I was under thedesk trying to find the problem. But he will live this time. But now Ihave to find a better way of keeping him from getting back there. Tryand block off all the cords with more of the pipe insulation maybe. Iam also going to try bitter apple spray as well see if that helps. He'ssuch a waskaly wabbit!!

Any one ever use the bitter apple spray?

Any other sugestions?

Good grief, Dawn! I think the pipeinsulation is ill advised.:shock: I did the samething, because the insulationwas relatively inexpensivecompared to the hard, plastic split tubing available at Radio Shack @$1.00 per lineal foot soldfor wire protection.

Our house bun not only chewed, but ATE, the insulation, resulting in analmost $2000.00 veterinary bill for treatment and eventual gastricsurgery! Aside, from the expense, we are fortunate that sheeven survived the risky surgery.

If you go to an auto parts store, you can usually find the hard,plastic split tubing at a more reasonable price, where it is sold aswire loom covering.

Forewarned is forearmed! Dump the pipe insulationimmediately. Even if the bun chews the hard plastic, whichour bun does, you usually can "hear" it happening anddistractit. You cannot hear the foaminsulation being chewed and eaten, especially if it is hidden behindfurniture or on the floor behind an end table, or some suchlocation. The ingested foam broughtourbun'sgastric functions to an immediate and distinct halt,from which she would have died had the surgery not been attempted.

Buck

Thanks sooo much for the advice I will make a stop on my way home and pick up some of the hard plastic.

My computer is in an ex-pen at night. I do notknow the attraction for computer wires unless they think it is athicket because there are so many of them

:(That is one of my Husbands biggestfears -- let alone electriution to our pets -- but the extreme risk toour children (Bare Wires) and the fire hazard as well. Ifanyone has the solution let me know as well before my buns becometoast. -- Kim

ive heard of using pvc pipe?im lucky though-batman has onnever chewed a cord, however ive seen him"toss them" out of his way. he also seems to particularly like markingthem.

The good thing about "Megan's Room" is that therearen't any wires at all, except the phone cord hiding underneath thebaseboard she somehow pulled out and chewed, she can't get to itnow...She just runs around and eats the desk, baseboards, cupboards,recliner, and any other wood her little mouth can get to. I think she'spretty much safe :)

Latest posts

Back