No Binkies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
What do you do when your bunny doesnt binky? Skip used to Binky all the time regardless of the flooring. I'm sure he doesn't binky on the wooden floor anymore because he knows now that he slips afterwards but he won't even binky when i put a bunch of rugs together for him. why is this? does he want more space to do a binky? when i first got him i had him in a small cage and he binkied in that. the area of the rugs put together is a lot larger than that cage but he wont do any binkies.....im starting to feel like i am a bad bunny mom because i cant get him to binky around like the others.....first tank, and now skip...the only two male bunnies i've ever owned and i cant connect with them or get them to binky. how do you get your bunny to get comfortable and binky??

Hi Hon,

I'm so sorry you feel down about this:hug:. I remember the issues you had with Tank:shock:, strange as it may be. Just know, it's not you, just the personality of the bun.

I can reassure you, that a "binky" or an "I feel so free that I can't help it", slew, can happen at the most sluggish of moments. I do think and believe that the bun needs to feel very secure and safe in their surroundings and habitat firstly, though. Then, it will come. It takes time with buns that have been in a rescue or rehome situation. As I've mentioned before and one of the first things I learned before getting a bun, is that they don't like change, and slowly adapt to it. In a good situation, time after time, they begin to learn that this is safe and I feel happy. They will know it's okay to express glee with no avail, it just takes time and patience;).

I can imagine, you are running out of patience;).

Thanks for responding. The reason I'm so bummed is because he's been here for a few months now and I have seen him binky before. But now, I haven't seen him binky in weeks, maybe even a whole month now and I'm devastated thinking that its because he is unhappy. He comes to me for pets and seems to enjoy my company but he doesnt seem as attached to me as the others and the fact that he hasn't binkied is making me worry that he is miserable. I even let him up on my sofa (which if you read on my other thread, is forbidden by my bf) to see if he would feel more secure with teh fabric and feel comfortable enough to binky...but nothing!

Binkies aren't everything. As a bun gets older, they may not do that much, if at all. Some times, they may just get comfortable where they are (with you) and are just so calm and safe, that they just want to chill. Don't take it personally. I have one rabbit that will binky in the house and not out in the pen and one that won't binky in the house, but will out in the pen only:?. So, you see? It's just the bun, they're all different:).

My two guys rarely ever binky. Peter used to occasionally when he and his brother first came to live with me, but that was two years ago, lol. I think in my two's case, they just are very laid back, low-key bunny rabbits. They have free roam of the house, 24/7 and are spoiled rotten by me, so they don't feel like exerting the extra energy to pop a binky, I guess, LOL.

Do you think its possible that he won't binky because he can sense my nervousness? Example - I just covered the bed with an extra sheet and i put him on it, but my heart was racing because i was scared my bf would find out......instead of doing binkies he actually looked for my hand to be petted....although i was happy about this, i couldnt help but wonder if it was because he knew i was nervous....am i over analyzing too much? do you think he could sense i was nervous?

Radar and Darry hardly ever binky (and they have access to a room with wall-to-wall carpeting), and I've never seen the three foster bunnies binky, either, even with a long track rug I put down for them.

Pipp will only binky on one small area of my room, and not all that often, but there's a lot of stuff in the room.

Dill will binky on a postage stamp on an ice rink.

I know that he LOVED doing binkies and bunny 500's on my old couch, but wouldn't do them on the new couch.

Oddly enough I don't remember if Sherry binkies or not. :ponder:

If you haven't seen these ones before, here's a Dill binky/500... I was cleaning out the boxes and put some fresh hay in.

sas :popcorn2

I LOVE that video of Dill! He's just SO EXCITED! New hay!!! WOOOHOO!

Bo takes spells...... sometimes he won't binky for a long time and other days..... binky, binky, binky!

oh how cute PIP i love your other bun in the back ground trying to eat and everytime the other one binkies he looks up,lol.

So sorry about no binkies, my other bun whom i got first doesnt binkie much like she use to either..

Latest posts

Back