Ninja has no fur around eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetoeatchocolate

Reaction score
OMG I can't stand losing another bunny but I am afraid something might be wrong. I hope that it is just his new mate licking him that is causing the fur loss. I am taking him to the vet as soon as I can get a hold of them and make an appointment. Ninja has no fur on the perameter of his eye. It looks like his is wearing eye liner. When I went into the room his wife, Hope was licking his eyes intensley. Is there any diseases that could cause this? He has a normal appetite, energy, drinking level. They get hay and vegetables regularly. He is eating regularly. No itching, just grooming. It is not red, just a little bald looking. On both eyes. Please help.

Shannon

Is there anything abnormal appearing about the eyes themselves? redness or anything?

He could have fur mites. Is he losing hair anywhere else?
This doesn't sounds like a serious problem so don't get really upset. if it is fur mites the vet can treat it

Well he looks like he is molting all around his fur. How can I tell if he has fur mites? How is it treated and will Hope have it too since they live together? Are they contagious to humans?

only if it is a mange mite (probably isn't)

if you take him to a experienced vet they will do a skin scraping and probably treat him with ivermectin injections once a week for 3 weeks or a topical like Revolution.

Ask the vet if the other bun needs treatment

Does he have any dandruffy patches? That can be a sign of mites. It could also be a watery eye, but I would suspect overgrooming or mites first. Make sure they have plenty of toys to keep them entertained.

Latest posts

Back