Niki got lost in my house today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
Argh! At 5 am this morning, Nikolai decided he wanted to be a little troublemaker and give in to his curiosity to explore the house. I accidentally left the bedroom door open for maybe 3 seconds and he slipped past me. I come back into the room to see that he is gone. I check everywhere at least three times. I am panicking even though he is obviously in the house. I had to wake up my parents to look in their room. I looked twice. I gave up, and left some Craisins in my open doorway in the hope he will come in and I can get him. My dog ended up scaring him and he darted back into my room (from my PARENTS ROOM!, which I searched twice!). How do they escape us? :grumpy:

ohh, they're such little troublemakers, aren't they! I'm still baffled by Nala scaling a 48'' playpen.

agnesthelion wrote:
They are way too curious and smart for their own good ;)
I sooo agree with this. I was cleaning the girls cage yesterday and Shiny Things decided to jump out of it (first time, did not realize that she could), luckily I cought her right away. Also one day Beauty went missing recently. I looked everywhere in my room for her multiple times and could still not find her. Turns out she had somehow gotten under my bed and was trapped under there. It scared my half to death.

The highlight of Georgie's Great Escape so far has been that when she was smaller she fit under the couch. Which - is kind of fitting with the dust bunny idea and all but one day I couldn't find her at all and it was only sheer luck that eventually did.

She'd crawled under the couch - and then up INTO the couch. It's got a fold out bed in it and that apparently makes a kind of shelf for her inside the actually back of the couch.

I swear the hamsters teach her these things when I'm not looking.

They are just smart to the point that they are very vexing. Ours used to like getting up inside the recliner chairs--when I'd turn it over to get them they'd dart out and up into the other chair. We had three that were climbers too--playpen or any thing with a wire mesh and they'd go up it just like a spider and over.

Gary got himself stuck in the closet once. He was digging under the clothes and they fell. It took me hours to find him and only managed it because Becky kept digging at the door. I had looked in there 3 times before I found him!

Silly rabbits! So glad you found Niki safe.

I lost Twigs the other night. Search the whole house several times and couldn't find him anywhere. Then my husband who's watching me look ask if I've found him, which I hadn't and almost starts laughing. Twigs had been sitting on one of the dinning room chairs watching me walk around the whole time. Little stinker.

I am embarrassed to admit that several times I have looked in the cage before closing it and then searched my room for Watson before looking back in the cage and discovering my black bunny was sitting on his black shelf all along.

Oh my goodness their are some very funny stories here.

When Buttercup(RIP)was a Baby, the Ex and I couldn't find him. We looked everywhere in the apartment. Finally as we were moving the HUGE stereo speakers I noticed this cute little furry nose sticking out of a smallhole. You see he got in through that hole but couldn't get out.

Needless to say we had to plug up every and any hole we found.

Susan:)

Apebull wrote:
I lost Twigs the other night.  Search the whole house several times and couldn't find him anywhere.  Then my husband who's watching me look ask if I've found him, which I hadn't and almost starts laughing.  Twigs had been sitting on one of the dinning room chairs watching me walk around the whole time. 

Little stinker.

Lol, Twigs or the husband?

Latest posts

Back