Night time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamawesum69420

Reaction score
I don't have my apartment completely bunny-proofed yet so at night I put my bunny in our enclosed hallway where we keep her when we aren't home. My only problem with this is that I'm afraid that she is getting lonely because I've heard her scratch on our bedroom door at night (the bedroom door is one of the doors in the hallway). Is it better if I just keep leaving her in the hallway with the door closed or would she feel better in the cage either in our bedroom or in the hallway where she can at least see us? In the near future I do plan to completely bunny proof our bedroom. Right now the thing I'm most worried about is the computer and all the cords. So another question would be, where is the best place to buy cord protectors?

I keep Pebbles (Netherland Dwarf) in her cage at night. During the day I leave the cage top off, and when I am home, I have several areas in the house that she can run in. I don't let Pebbles loose in the house at all, but her bunny-proofed runs are very large. And if she wants more space....I let her outside.

I found these cable protectors at the dollar store.

i1egx4.jpg

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10792&forum_id=1&page=1

Rainbows! :)

Your situation sounds just like how mine was. I had my rabbit in a small enclosed hall area. I just recently bunny proofed our apartment, and I let him sleep in his cage at night in our bedroom which he loves! In fact, the other night he as making noise so we put his cage outside the bedroom and he looked totally confused!

Anyway, I found all the cord wrapping materials I needed at the hardware store. I walked in and told them what I was going to do and they led me right to the stuff. Doing the computer cords is sucha big job (cause there's so many) that I actually just bought a small piece of fence material to put under the desk to bkock off those cords, but I'm not sure what your set-up is like. Anyway, my bunny is much happier since, and he does binkies and gives kisses all the time now!

Lbolar wrote:
I just recently bunny proofed our apartment, and I let him sleep in his cage at night in our bedroom which he loves.
I think it's the sense of security when a rabbit is in an enclosed space. That is why rabbits burrow.

Rainbows! :D

I have an idea for the computer area. Instead of dealing with all the cords etc. buy a Pet Yard XT(petsmart) and surround the entire computer area with fence. You can step over it but your bunny can't come in. (Maybe your bunny can,but mine can't):wink:

i have two bonded buns who have full 24/7 run of our house (all bunny proofed) and they still insist on digging at the bedroom door sometimes. especially if i've gotten up and hubby hasnt. they know he's in there :p or if we sleep in a bit and they dont get their morning lettuce on time! digdigdig.. little buggers

Hi Rainbows,

What dollar store? Those would be great in the room we have Daisy Mae in, it's our computer room too, so one of us always has to be in the room when she's out. Those would be purfect.

Soooska:apollo:

I don't know where you could get it in Canada but any kind of an in door fencing system used for puppies can be placed around the computer area so the bunny can have the rest of the room to run free and leave you stressfree. I bought mine at a pet store and it is 26in. high and made of plastic but some of them are metal and segmented so you can place them in any shape that you like. it works great and keeps the bun from getting messed up in cords etc. :)

Soooska, another idea for wire protectors (if you can't find the one Pet_Bunny talked about) is to use plastic tubing from the pet shop. It's the tubing that's used for aquariums...it comes in various lengths (sometimes is sold by the foot too) and is quite inexpensive. You just run a slit down the length to wrap it around your cords. I haven't used it myself, but have heard of many rabbit owners who do.

angieluv wrote:
I don't know where you could get it in Canada but any kind of an in door fencing system used for puppies can be placed around the computer area so the bunny can have the rest of the room to run free and leave you stressfree. I bought mine at a pet store and it is 26in. high and made of plastic but some of them are metal and segmented so you can place them in any shape that you like. it works great and keeps the bun from getting messed up in cords etc. :)
I do that, but with the same shelving cubes I use to make cages.:)

Latest posts

Back