NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Kathryn-Love it! I also love the pen! Isn't it great to be able to take them outside? I have one as well.

Crazy-Love yours too, you and your mom did a wonderful job!
Thanks hopfully this will help with the litter training the will onml pee in there but not always poo!lol Ill post more pics once we finsh it!

I'm sooo inspired with all the great cages! I've got temp ones set up right now, but am going to remodel them all today/tomorrow.

Anyways, I have a question...
for those of you who are using towels/sheets /fabric stuff on the flooring, how do you clean it? Do you just lift the cages up a bit and slide it out and shake/wash?
Is it difficult to put it back down?

~Sealy

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Me cage only have 3 panle covering the 3rd floor so I am am able to go in there cage w/ a broom and sweep it out .For the frabic I jsut wash it.

Sealy wrote:
I'm sooo inspired with all the great cages! I've got temp ones set up right now, but am going to remodel them all today/tomorrow.

for those of you who are using towels/sheets /fabric stuff on the flooring, how do you clean it? Do you just lift the cages up a bit and slide it out and shake/wash?

~Sealy

((
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Sealy wrote:

~Sealy

((
( -.-)
o_(")(")

I lift and move the cage(with help from my husband.). Wash it like I wash any sheets. I just started using plastic table cloth (like the ones you use at birthday parties.) under the sheet.

100_8662.jpg

100_8663.jpg

See the red sticking out.

100_8581.jpg

izabelle's work in progress!

*she isn't living in it yet*

july_5-1.jpg

july_5.jpg

july_5-2.jpg

some updates to it are:

i bought fleece to put under the tiles as she is so little, i worry that her feet will get caught inthe space between the tiles and break.

the 1/2 circle grid is a little hide-away for her to snuggle up in, as she loves to do stuff like that.

the top opens up, so that i can reach down into it and grab her or clean the cage.

i plan on using coroplaste as the flooring, once i find the time to go pick it up!

[align=center]
Picture102.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Rosie cage, when I move out, I'll probably expand it. Lol, look at Pippin's little hand-me-down cage.. poor guy.. he'll move up once I find more space..[/align]

I love that cage.

I have a question for all of you with NIC cages... When you bought them, how many cubes did it say you were getting? Like did it say 4, or 6? And how many do you think it took you to make the cage?

I am still waiting to buy mine, but if Im gonna need a whole lot of grids, Ill wait and buy 2 sets or 6 cubes (which is going ot cost me $60CAN)

The packages I buy at Costco are an 8 cube set, comes with 30 panels for $20. Costco only sells them for back to school, but that season should be coming up soon.

To figure out how many panels are in a set, you have to do a bit of mental counting. Draw out 6 cubes and count how many panels it would take.

--Dawn

Ooooooooooooooooooh, I bought my NIC cubes and I have built a 3x2x3 and I LOVE it. I haven't got any pics yet, and no one is actually moving in for a week or so, but I will post some :D

aurora369 wrote:
The packages I buy at Costco are an 8 cube set, comes with 30 panels for $20. Costco only sells them for back to school, but that season should be coming up soon.

To figure out how many panels are in a set, you have to do a bit of mental counting. Draw out 6 cubes and count how many panels it would take.

--Dawn
Okay, great, thanks... I can't seem to find any 8 cube sets here, and as it is, I can only find 6 cube sets at Home Depot, and they are $30... I dont think we have a Costco here..... :?

Moominmoo wrote:
Ooooooooooooooooooh, I bought my NIC cubes and I have built a 3x2x3 and I LOVE it. I haven't got any pics yet, and no one is actually moving in for a week or so, but I will post some :D

Oh cool! Where did you get them?

I won't need any for rabbits, as Maddie is free roaming in my room, and the parents just won't let me bring Pebble and Ebony inside, but I'm trying to convince them to let me get a pair of piggies and I'd want NICs for them.

Michaela wrote:
Moominmoo wrote:

Oh cool! Where did you get them?

I won't need any for rabbits, as Maddie is free roaming in my room, and the parents just won't let me bring Pebble and Ebony inside, but I'm trying to convince them to let me get a pair of piggies and I'd want NICs for them.

http://www.robertmay.co.uk/pdf/P54.pdfIt was suggesting on here, by someone that might even have been you, lol.

They are REALLY good, the cubes and the company I got them from.

They are chrome and my bunnies are chewers so I won't have to worry about them eating any coating, but they appear to like to lick it, lol.

They do packs of 17, and I got three lots and have a few left over from mine. And when I can afford it I want to add another level to it, which will be cool :)

You can order them through B&Q Michaela, even if they don't stock them in your area - check that other thread you asked about them in for details about what to ask for! I replied to you there ages back.

The set comes with 24 silver panels and cost £9.99 right now - I ordered 4 boxes - got 2 tonight, and waiting for them to locate my other 2. Doh!

I've built parts of my cages and am amazed how easy it is to do - just need to find some correx now.

:biggrin2:

Yeah Tracy that might have been me:p I always thought they seemed a bit expensive there though lol

I didn't expect B&Q to get them, I was reading on a cavy site people had ordered them and they never came for months! But that's so cool you get them, I might have to pop in to B&Q tomorrow when we're in Ballymena to get Harry Potter. Even if I don't use them right now, it'll be good to have them for the future. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back