NIC Cage I just built- Pics!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad they're finally catching on that the big clunky connectors don't cut it.. The only issue with those I found (other than being hard on the fingers after a while) is that they still allow up/down sliding whereas zip ties done at different cross-angles keep it from being a draw-bridge of sorts. Buut just my two-cents :)

Thanks, that was what I was going for...

Well, for now I can give rough estimates.. $60 on all the NIC squares with connectors, about $3 on zip ties so far but need more, $20 on the plastic carpet chair-mat, $12 on linoleum, $8 on the vinyl side-guards.. The grass mats and other stuff I won't tally up since those depend on what you get for your bunny as far as toys/decorations go.

So basically about $100. Just need more zip ties and clips to hold the doors shut! :) Oh yeah, and I might build her a ramp... but haven't decided exactly how other than plywood with cross-beams for grip and a hinge..

Once I have the floor tiles in I will take better pictures to show the level and the flooring too.

29 squares. 6 for front, top, back. 4 on each end. 2 for the shelf and 1 for the vertical support from the ceiling. I bought two packs and the extras will be for a playpen.

Okay, thanks. I am at least getting one box I think. I don't know what I want to do for my base. I already have zip ties at least.

Ooooh! Tiny baby! Rikki wasn't hard to litter train and he isn't even fixed yet. Each rabbit is different though. I wish good luck to you on the litter train.

Your cage looks great, lot's of good ideas.

I have had plexiglass cut at a glass shop. Just asked for a certain size and they cut it right there while you wait.

Rather than a ramp, could you make the front bottom center square into a door too? That way you can just open that door and it is floor level? It seems easier :)

I love the cage, it looks like it will work very well. :biggrin2:

Mindy10 wrote:
oh would love those clips but they are only in UK and it was $21 for 16 or them.  Im going to have to stick with the cable ties.  Mindy

Oh! I just posted the link to show what they were.

Well I bought my box of wire panels, LaylaLop. I will let you know when I post pictures of mine.

photo10.jpg

So basically I have the carpet protector mat and just stuck the tiles down on it directly. They adhered super well, haha. As for the brown trim I haven't finished the door-piece but I zip-tied it to the inside of the cage to keep in stuff. For the 2nd level I put down what I'd cut off of the plastic chair-mat and put indoor/outdoor carpet over it. I put two large grass mats in there and there's a litterbox on both levels. I covered the white thing with the same carpet for good traction and zip tied it down to keep it securely on there.

Well.. there it is for now :D Just thought I'd share!!

Mindy, the brown trim is zip-tied to the sides. I punched holes in it with a screwdriver (MacGyver-esque) and put the zip-ties through and made sure the sharper end was on the out side and cut it off flush.

JadeRabbit, As for the door it's just slightly looser zip-ties that are not diagonal-zipped but horizontal and I put a dog-leash type clip to keep it closed.

Above the shelf also opens up so if she tries to hide up there I can get to her.

Latest posts

Back