NEWS ITEM: LIFEGUARDS WHO TRIED TO DETONATE RABBIT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered what was going to happen to thosepunks, Mambo. Thanks for letting us know. Stillwish they had gotten worse, but at least they were held accountable -somewhat.

:X

-Carolyn

IMO...the sentence should have been a lot tougher.

I just don't get our justice system anymore. Mymom has worked for theBOP for almost 20 years and it alwaysamazes me that they let out level III sex offenders sooner than someonewho was in for burglary.

From a psyhcological standpoint this is just as bad. People that abuseanimals (especially if they start at a young age) are more prone to somany criminal avenues in the future. If they were stricteraboutthese types of transgressions it might give them timeenough to determine the risk of these criminals repeating in the futureand be able to address these issues before it is too late.

I am saddened at the short sentence they received, to them it basicallyamounted to a slap on the wrist. At least due to thepublicitytheir atrocious act received they will have a moredifficult time in society for a while.

Fergi's mom

Sadly, I have very little faith in thejustice system and this helps point out why. How horrible. That poorbaby. I am so lucky she is living out the rest of her life as a muchloved pampered pet.

Tina

that is terrible, that poor little rabbit.

So glad she is being looked after well now.

I can't believe they got such a light punishment. I dont think thelawyer should have called it a stupid act...it was a premeditated andcruel act, saying it was "stupid" makes it just sound like they didntknow any better.

Grrrrrr. dont get me started on peple that are bad to rabbits or cats.

When they asked these guys why they did it they replied, "Um, that's a real tough question to answer." :shock:

They didn't even have a reason or an excuse...not even a stupid one.:X

I totally agree. Those guys are lucky I wasn'tthe judge.:X I would duct tape them to those two from the Save Tobywebsite scam, pour honey all over them and throw them down in thesubway for the rats to eat. :shock:

No I wouldn't really. I'm just miffed that they didn't get worse. Itjust worries me that next time they'll just be more careful aboutgetting caught.

Fergi, you are so right about animal abuse leading to criminalactivity. I'm not much into cop shows, but I love "The Shield". Well,last season they were looking for this murderer/rapist and when theyfinally found the guy guess what - he started out by killing a puppy. Iknow it's just a TV show, but there is some sort of real life premisebehind their stories.

I'm glad Lucky is part of a loving home now. She deserves it!:) Such a cutie!

I'm glad that Lucky has a good home now.Thempunks should get a taste of their own medicine and see how they wouldlike it if somebody did that to them.

:mad:I reserved this face/emotion fortrue anger and frustration! So glad they did get some sort ofpunishment. Wish it was more stiff.

I can't even begin to say here what should be done to thosepeople. It's really sad that we don't have tougher sentencesfor animal cruelty. The really scary part is that themajority of people who commit heinous crimes against people startedwith animal cruelty.

Jen

Ugh, They deserve a tougher punishment thanthat. Why would they do that to a poor inocent animal. They did nothingto anyone and why would people do that. I could never hit my dog evenif she did something really really bad. I yell at her. I feelbad for these animals especialy the ones that are really abused andnever had a happy life. God. It makes me cry so much when I hear thingslike that. I am in tears now because of it.

Angel

If I ever own a nice home in the country away from the city. I wouldrescue as much dogs, buns, and piggies as I can so they can live ahappy life. I want a huge fenced in yard so I can have all kinds ofdogs roaming the yards and a section fenced off for the buns. One bigroom for all the piggies. I wanted to be a veternarian for all kinds ofanimals including exotics but don't have money. I would love to be arescuer. All the animals would live with me until I approve people whowants a pet. I have to be more comfortable with them and they mustallow me to see their environments and pay a visit about every month orso. They must go to the same vets that they would go to.

Latest posts

Back