newly spayed bunny = HIGHLY NERVOUS bunny mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledBuni

Reaction score
my poor little bunny baby got spayed today! o ifeel so guilty to put her through so muchpain! (<--mewhen ifeel guilty) she started eating parsley on the car ridehome and drank lots of water when we got home(i have to be thankfulthat she started eating right away or i might have worried myself todeath).shes resting now. her incision looks nice, its notbleeding,etc.

:)cool:character change-->:shock:nervous bunny mom)-omg!:shock:eek:mg! help! my bunny isnt eating any pellets or hay! shes inpain cause she grinds her teeth from time to time! she looks like sheholding her breath(sorry i dont know how to describe it) because thestomach isnt "inflated"its like all squeezed in! HELP! (pretty pleasewith a cherry on top!!!:()!

Don't get frantic, yet. Meds arebeginning to wear off and she may be feeling the soreness a bit morethan earlier. Tempt her with any treat that she likes toeat. Just keep the intestinal tract moving. Pieceof fruit like banana, yogurt drop, dark greens , oats,etc.

Takes about a week or so before they begin to act normally.This has been a big deal to her system,. but she'll rally, Isuspect. Don't pass on your panic to her.

Buck

thanks so much buck! shes doing better today, noteating as much as yesterday but she did come out of her cage and hoparound the perimeter of the room, then went back in. she only eatsparsley, not willing to take anything else. i'll try my best not topasson my panic to her.

You will be alright!! I got my male neuteredafter i got him. I cried when the vet called me and told me he would bealright. He did have some complications but he went though it justfine. Just spoil rotten and keep your hopes up!!!

thanks everyone, my bun is starting to act normalagain. shes coming out to play but not moving too much. eating pelletsand the stomach no longer looks like its dented or something.:)im still checking the incision though, thanks for all thecomments and encouragement!

Latest posts

Back