Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haleyxoxo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I posted over in introduction but I decided to post here too.

My name is Haley and I'm thinking about getting at rabbit here soon. I really was just reading up and trying to get as much information about taking care of a rabbit as I could.

I have a question for you guys. I'm a nurse and I work 7p-7a 3 days a week. Which means I do most of my sleeping between 8-2 except on my days off I sleep until about noon. I was wondering if this would be a problem for my pet. My husband works 1-10 so he is home some too. but he works 5 days a week.

What are your opinions on my situation. Should I even consider getting a pet bunny right now?

It sounds like you would still have plenty of time to spend with a bunny. The more time they have out the better, but 3-4 hours a day run time would be fine. You should have as large a pen as possibe or, better yet, free-roam.

hello! a large run is a must - there is a great section on the forum where people have posted pics of their set ups. a great source of inspiration! kudos for doing your research before hand! too many people get a pet then find that things dont work out. if you do let a bunny into your life tho' you might find that they take over...:p

You can also look into a bonded pair from a rescue...that way they will keep each other company while you aren't able to :). Either way...I think you will have enough time to spend with a bunny. There is a ton of research to do, though, before jumping into being a bunny slave :p.

Latest posts

Back