Newbie from LA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicGummieBear

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm Rynae, 25, from Los Angeles. I bought two dwarf rabbits a little over a month ago that I just LOVE. My boyfriend of 4 years just moved in with me and we wanted to get animals and I am so happy we went with rabbits. This is my first time owning rabbits and we named them Pumpkin and Ghost. The store I bought them from could not tell me how old they are or what their sex is but I think Pumpkin and a boy and Ghost is a girl so we are looking into getting them fix in hopefully soon. Anyway, here is a photo. :)

DSCN0756.jpg

cuuute!

they look very young though, be careful feeding them vegetables at that age.

i'd suggest keeping them on a diet of alfalfa hay and alfalfa based pellets only. if you look in the library section here there is a whole thing about what to feed young rabbits :)

Welcome. Carrots are not good for rabbits especially young rabbits. I would give more pellets and hay and slowly introduce veggies when they are a bit older. I would also encourage you to have them checked by a vet. You can check the vet listings posted on the forum. You can also ask members in your area for recommendations. Enjoy your new friends.

Depending on where you live in LA, Overland Veterinary Clinic in Culver City is where i go to when i had to get Crabtree neutered. They specialize in small animals and I found them to be really knowledgeable and helpful. Here is their website

http://www.overlandvetclinic.com/

Thanks for the advice. The couple of sites I have read said to feed them about a cup of vegges a day, 3 different kinds and I do pace it out during the day. Which I have been doing. :( Carrots was on the list of ok food. I was not aware that they need to be older before doing so. I can cut back a bit on giving them vegetables. I live in the San Fernando Valley and I think I'm going to take them to the vet in So. Pasadena. I called last week and they seemed nice.

Nice to meet everyone. I love my guys and want to learn more.

cup of veggies is good for rabbits over six months, but carrots should only be a treat (less than one tablespoon per day)

too many veggies will cause gut upsets (which can be fatal in babies) and when you do give them veggies they must be introduced very slowly, one by one to make sure the rabbit can get used to it :)

Welcome!!

sorry im so late to say hello.! ..u have the cutest little buns..!i like the name pumpkin for his coloring and im guessing u named ghost for her coloring too??..CUTE!!

they are very cute :) make sure to get em fixed, or you might wake up to a surprise one day... lololol. unless there housed seperatly of course.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy. You have a couple of very cute furry masters! FYI on carrots even for older buns they are ok for an occasional treat. They contain a lot of sugar and you will end up with a couple of buns that will need to go on a Jenny Craig.

You might want to have them sexed soon so you don't end up with some baby kits in a couple of months. The library section should have information on how to do it. I would also recommend Rabbits for Dummies book. It has a lot of good information in it, I use it as a reference and I have been a slave to my rabbits for many years now.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back