New Zealand White and what else?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellykins

Reaction score
We picked up our new rescue bunny on Saturday and to our surprise he was not the black lionhead the owner said he was but instead what looks to be a new zealand white mix. He is very skinny and his nails were extremely long, we trimmed those yesterday and he did very well with it. He was stuck in a cage with a guinea pig and it pulled out his hair and did not let him eat. He now has pellets, greens and unlimited hay and he is loving it! He seems pretty happy but a little nervous. We love him already!

Is Bruiser a full blood new Zealand White or a mix and what is he mixed with?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52402458@N08/5679714827/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52402458@N08/5679714797/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52402458@N08/5680276356/in/photostream/

I am have more pics in my gallery.

I thought that too so I am wondering what weight he should be.

Thanks so much mistyjr. He is skinny at the moment so I will try and weigh him tonight (he does not like being held at the moment) and then we can see how much weight he needs to gain.

Oh My Goodness, what a CUTE Bunny:inlove::heartbeat::heartshearts:big kiss:.

Have you given him a name yet?

I look forward to more pictures.

Susan:)

His name is Bruiser but my youngest child calls him Mr Goober Head LOL! He is a sweety but he is missing some hair due to being housed with a mean guinea pig at his prevous home. He has the sweetest little face though and he loves to be petted while eating his greens. We will need to get him to the vet to see how old he is and make sure other than being a little skinny that he is otherwise healthy.

very cute, but doesn't look at all like an NZ. Definitely some Lion Head in that gene pool. Good to hear he's being taken care of now. We had a couple of bunnies that were very "shy" when they came to us but have gotten much better--one is a real pest now.

the owners thought he was a new zealand white mix but they also told me that we were adopting a black lionhead, so who knows. I just am concerned that he reaches a healthy weight.

I see no NZ... and the size of a NZ would stomp a little guinea pig head lol. It looks like a Lionhead mix, or something with the longer coat, that ends up in the hands of someone who has no clue how to take care of it/too lazy to take are of it, thus he's sheared lol.

He'll be a handsome bun once everything grows back in.

He doesnt have the ZW long nose face either. He haves the short snout like the Lionheads does. Let him gain some more weight, And also when Lionhead bucks turn into their Sr. year they lose their mane. So it might grow back better. And gaining weight and growing hes fur back!

Thanks everyone. We are new to bunny keeping so I am not familiar with all the different buns yet!

Thank you everyone. He is such a cutie but very shy at the moment.

I am not sure about him being a mix, he looks like a white Lionhead to me. I have a baby that has the long fur like that.

Latest posts

Back