New, yet bunniless! T_T

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarodoeht

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around for a day or two
gathering information and enjoying adorable pictures of everyone's rabbits. I don't have a bunny yet but I'm looking to get one within the month. There is a nearby rescue that I'll be applying to soon.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm probably the only one here without a bunny!! T_T

Welcome to the forum! :)

Don't worry, it's great that you came here for information before rushing out to get a bunny. And it's awesome that you're rescuing!

Hi! :D

Welcome. That is great you are getting information before getting a bunny. I can't say I was as smart. I hope to see you around the forum posting and pictures of your bunny when you get him or her. Do you have a preference to a type or size of the bunny?

I joined this forum before I got a bunny too, don't worry! Then I got one bunny, and a second within a month or so haha

But as other people are saying, it is definitely a good idea to do some research first. Very wise move :)

oh and of course- Welcome!

Thank you. ^_^

I don't really have a preference for size or breed. I mean, they're all adorable! I think there are features about all of them that I like!

There are a few I was looking at at my local chapter of House Rabbit Society. I've looked and re-looked at all of their profiles. These are the three I keep going back to, but there's a pile of others. Two mini dwarfs and then a New Zealand.
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6684017
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9372417
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10535081

I guess the only way to really know is if I get approved to get a bunny, visit the shelter, and see if the bunnies even like me! I might let the shelter play matchmaker.

My only thing is that I have two cats, one with an extremely laid back personality and the other is afraid of almost everything, but really really friendly. If the bunny and the cats ever get along that's great, if not, I have no problem keeping them all separated...

Has anybody ever had a bunny attack their cats?? lol

Awwwe I like Mizu the best... I think from memory Mizu means water in Japanese.

The other thing to consider is if you want one or two bunnies... if you want two then it would be best to go for two that are already bonded so you don't have to do the bonding yourself!

I have no experience with cats and rabbits... I guess it all depends on their personalities. Maybe a bigger rabbit would be less likely to be scared of a cat, but I am totally guessing. a smaller rabbit could be just as confident...

Mizu is really cute and she's been a shelter bunny for 5 years!

My bunny and cat take turns chasing each other. My cat will get a bit scared of Inky and Tug when they try to make friends with her but when the they aren't looking she stalks them. We always supervise when they're with each other.

wow shelter bunny for 5 years? I thought I was just reading it wrong or something...

she deserves a good home by now!

I think Mizu is beautiful! I think she's probably my first choice, but like I said, it depends on if I'm even approved of course. She might hate me. o_O

I think I want to just stick with one bunny, though. I'm quick to get multiples, and I should probably really stick to my guns (or try to!!) as long as possible.

I think I'm going to go get a copy of rabbits for dummies today... I will keep everybody posted (if anybody cares haha) about my bunny obtaining progress. ^_^ :bunnydance:

Welcome to the forum!

My cats don't really bother my rabbits when they are out. The rabbits have charged at the cat and scarred him when he got too close and now he keeps his distance. My dogs also don't bother the cats.

Keep us up to date with your bunny choice!

Latest posts

Back