New Years Resolutions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what New Year's resolutions people have for the new year :D. Sometimes I keep mine, sometimes I don't, lol. But to me it is always fun to set goals and then look back and see how I did, plus I have this weird obsession with list making, hah! :p

Mine:

1. Workout more regularly and get back into yoga (totally predictable! Lol)
2. Finish all the unfinished remodeling projects throughout my home
3. Go back to school next fall and work on getting my Physical Therapy Asst degree
4. Sell my home if the economy gets a lot better this year (crosses fingers)
5. Bond Max and Minnie so they can live together in 1 cage.
6. Get my health back into tip top shape!

:toastingbuns
Happy New Year!

Athena

I was just about to come and start this thread... I'll go find my list and EDIT this post to tell ya'll mine :D

ETA:

Here's mine:

1. Stop biting my nails
2. Stop chewing pens :D
3.Write in diary everyday
4. Do BMI (On Wii Fit) everyday
5. Raise money to neuter Dippy
6.Write to Pen -Friend every week
7. Try and finish my story to be published.

If I think of anymore I'll edit again - Happy New Year :biggrin2:

I don't know about anyone else - but I just LOVE New Year's - with its "hope" of new beginnings and that things can change in our lives.

This year I'm at a point in my life where several things are pointing me to changes (and helping me have the resolve to make those changes). Some things are DESPERATION (I can't stand the clutter any more) and even MOTIVATION (we're making plans about what we want to change in the house once the clutter is gone).

So...here are my goals (so far):

• Set up some daily routines for the housework - a morning routine and an evening routine. I've already been working on the evening routine and its making a big difference.
  • Set up some daily routines for me - for my quiet/devotional time with my Bible, for my journaling & my facials and stuff
  • Set up an exercise routine (yikes) - Robin & I looked at some dvds at Walmart today and I bought a "Dirty Dancing Official Dance Workout" dvd and a "Dancing with the Stars dance workout" dvd - we're going to try to do one three times a week to get some exercise in our lives.
  • Declutter the house - this is a biggie and is going to take about 6 months probably - maybe more when I think of the garage. But I plan to work on one room per month and decluttering stuff and throwing out a TON of stuff....maybe even more. I already have some boxes for boxing up books to take to charity to sell.
  • Once the house is decluttered - I'd like to go through and really clean it and paint the walls and stuff like that. But first I have to get rid of the clutter. Still yet - some sort of a change to the looks will be nice.
  • I want to make a career change and I'm currently doing some reading about that. I'd really like to be a "life coach" or something where I can encourage others to achieve their goals. I know Amy (undergunfire) would laugh at this - but I've often thought about how I'd like to be a professional organizer as I like to organize things (when they're decluttered) and I have a fascination with reading books on organizing the home and organizing one's time. I've had the desire for this for years - but I've been so buried under clutter that overwhelmed me....oh well. Still yet - I'm really thinking if I go through and declutter stuff...who knows what I can find I'm capable of becoming? I do know that whenever I've helped friends with their houses (years ago) - they've always said I was able to help them think through where to put things, etc.
I think the biggest thing for this year is I'm looking forward to seeing what its going to be like to get rid of clutter...big time. I'm talking clothes, dvds, videos, books, and so much more.

I almost want to go start tossing stuff NOW!

I love the hope, fresh start, and new beginnings with New Year's too. A chance to start things fresh on the right foot each year and fuel encouragement for things we want to accomplish is so great :biggrin2:.

Well, I need to lose 15 pounds.
Also, I need to work on de-cluttering my place. I used to throw things away, now I sell them in my MIL's yearly summer yard sale to make some extra cash. (Last year I sold a *ton* of stuff, and made enough $$ to buy a fancy new food processor and some bunny toys from Busy Bunny. This year I would like to make enough to buy a nice blender.) I come from a family of hoarders, so I try to fight it by getting rid of stuff I don't need or don't use much. I strive for a clutter-free life.

Lose 25 pounds, and stop procrastinating on my schoolwork so much.
Learn to cook healthy meals everyday, and to actually pack a lunch (rather than eating stupid chips:biggrin2:)
Become more self-confident (which usually accompanies a healthier weight for me)

I have three. The first is to have a healthier lifestyle, with better eating habits and more exercise. I used to have a really healthy lifestyle and loved it, so I know I can do it, I just need to get back in the habit! The second is to have more contact with my family. Send birthday cards to extended family members and talk to my parents on the phone more frequently. I love my family and think about them a lot, but I'm embarrassed to say sometimes I only call each parent once a month. The last one is to organize my life more.

All my goals are attainable and I'm excited about the new year. Good luck to everyone else! We should all update the thread at the end of the year.

1. Stay healthy and hope my disease stays under control and I can stay off my meds

2. Be a better mom to my animals. I'm not a bad mom but I just want to be a better mom and spend more time with them and keep them all healthy.

3. Hopefully work on some house projects

4. Stop spending money on stupid stuff. I made a rule for myself that when I want to buy something I have to ask myself "Is it a need or a want?" If it is a need then it's ok if the money is there to buy it. If it is a want then I don't need to buy it. (We'll see how long this last) lol

I love the hope that associated with a new year too. I've never been one for resolutions since I normally break them :D, but this year Chris and I have decided to lose weight (the most classic resolution of them all!). He and I have really let ourselves get comfortable since we've been together (4 years) and it's gotten to a point where we need to do something. I'm doing for my self esteem, he's doing it so he can be faster on the racetrack!

Good luck to everyone on their resolutions!

Normally I don't make resolutions, but this year one of them is to maintain a cleaner house...means vacuuming every day or every other day, not letting dishes pile up, and de-cluttering whenever/wherever possible. I managed to tidy most of the house before Christmas, with the exception of the basement (land of the lost down there, truly). But after having a house inspector come in with only a day's notice (there was fear of probs. with the roof, so had an emergency inspection) and learning that I actually can straighten up a basement in just a few hours given incentive, I realized that I just procrastinate way too much, and haven't been respecting my living space.

So that's mine...well, that and getting back on track again with my eating habits...;)

• Be tidy'er. If that makes sense. I mean like keep my room clean, vacume around Babii's cage daily.
  • Save up my allowance and buy the things i'd really like. (ex. A plasma for my room [ just 19" ] and a cool new bed set.
  • Get Sparky more friendly, even if that means training classes, which means good by Saturday's.
  • I wouldn't mind saying good bye to my bulge on my tummy, hehe.
  • Stand up for myself. Even if that means beating up the 'stepbrother' in the back of the car... again.
  • Have a more positive attitude
Thats prettyy much it..

I kinda don't really like New Year's normally. I feel a bit down thinking that there's nothing left to look forward to, Christmas etc being over, I'm usually broke as well, everything just seems to go back to 'normal' :?

Saying that, I have got some goals of things that I would like to achieve! Some of them are easy, and some are more long-term things

Easy things:

Have Dotty spayed (which will be soon)
Get more grids and make new rabbit pens for the garden
Clear up the garden :(

Longer-term things:

• Become more organised with the housework- like, staying on top of the laundry, not letting it pile up, dusting more, decluttering, etc
  • Sort out my wardrobe. I NEED to throw out about half of my clothes, take them to the charity shop etc. Then I will have room for everything to be put away at once!
  • Sort out the spare room. It's literally piled high with junk and stuff, not helped by Steve bringing home an exercise bike from his mum's house that just sits right in the middle of the tiny 12ft sq space :( Even sat downstairs, I feel the weight of the junk, like I can see it through the ceiling or something. Ideally I would like to sell my bed (although I love it, it's made of rubberwood and so nice) and buy a sofabed instead, to give more space for drying washing etc so that the washing doesn't have to be dried in the hallway!
  • Get back into swimming. It's exercise that I can do, since it doesn't hurt my back at all, and I used to be able to do 60 lengths in the pool in about an hour or so. Now doing that much would surely send my dizziness into overdrive lol, but I want to be able to manage small amounts, maybe going twice a week, and build up again. I lost SO much weight when I was swimming before.
  • Start driving again. I miss my independance sooo much, I have a lovely car, barely used on the driveway that I haven't driven in 18months. This is a very long-term thing as I have to sort out insurance, and make sure that I am safe to drive, as my doctors have advised me not to, which could cause a problem. But I would really love to be able to drive again.
  • Get to the bottom of my digestive problems! The list has now extended from chicken to include turkey, duck, prawns, and most recently sea bass, of things that make me terribly ill to eat. I am scared of going to the doctor, so I need to give myself a real slap round the face and get it sorted, and make any neccesary dietary changes to help me out
  • Hopefully, go to college! I want to train to become a veterinary nurse, so I need to find a placement at a vets and a place at college to train. This is one of the major goals. But I'm not going to do it unless I am sure that I'm healthy enough, because I really, really don't want to have this plan fail.
Whew! That's a lot! Makes for a busy year lol! There's also other things, like me and Steve want a holiday, so we have to work out a way to save for that, and we need a new bed as well, but those things are nice-to-haves (well, apart from the bed because it's SO uncomfortable I'm barely sleeping lol). I guess that all the above list is really all a bonus, and all I really want is for the bunnies, me and Steve to be healthy and happy :)

Oh, my major one?

Stay away from hospitals! :p (Apart from the visit I've already got planned to have my bottom wisdom teeth removed LOL!)

Okay I have thought of a couple more......

Try and get muscles.... I have none - literally, I'm a weakling!!

Try and gain some weight....

Finish loosing my weight..im down 82lbs since Jarred died May 3rd.

Firm up, cause with weight loss comes squishiness (is that even a word?)

Get over my fear of wood... heh.. seriously. We skate on 3 rinks. I learned to skate as a teen back in the day on one of em, a concrete poly coated floor. On this floor and the other rink I can skate back wards, forwards, do cross overs, jump over bodies in the floor and not fall, run in my skates, walk in em, dance like a fool, I can shred, pivot and tear it up... BUT.. you put me on a wood floor.. flailing giraffe. I have gotten better, but I am no where near as good a skater as I am at the other 2 tracks. The floors softer, so my wheels grip different, I slide faster.. and the rickety motion of the planks freaks me out. The majority of my bruises and injuries... wood floor.

Stop taking peoples heads off and serving them to them for dinner..not all people wear pads and helmets and skates. I need to learn to leave my new personna of Octo-Pushy #007 at the rink..

Be nicer to Squidz.. see above..cause the boy really loves me..

Be a better housekeeper. I have gotten so involved with Derby, and going out on auditions and working out and being self absorbed i've kinda done whats neccessary to keep the house clean, but the root core cleaning has been abandoned.

Stop being so self centered and self absorbed.. causeI spent so long being depressed, that when I found myself, I did go feral..and I came very close to pushing people away due to my .. *attitude*

Slack off on the Jagerbombs.. they are the debbil.

Again.. spend more time checking up on old friends, and less time gawking at myself in the mirror..

In general.. getting my head outta my own badonkadonk..and the rest will fall into place.. cause it took an old boyfriend to snap me out of it..He was hittin on me hot and heavy, persued me pretty hardcore, despite the fact that I am married, and about 2 days ago he told me, *yanno, I really thought I wanted to steal you from him, but I think he can have you, you have turned into the biggest self centered arrogant stuck on yourself C**T I have ever met..what happened to the sweet girl who use to be happy with me bringing her a mountain dew and a candy bar and looking in my eyes.. you can 'eff off*

That crushed me.. and gave me a huge wake up call.. I realized I don't like being called those things..

So.. time to do some personality/life changes..cause I did a really good job of pushing Russell away to the point we were both ready to say *see ya*He told me this morning that he was giving me till April.. and if I didn't realize what I was doing, he was walking..I hadn't really realized I was that outta hand..

But.. I think.. that was prolly pretty evident even on here.. that I was going in a complete different direction..

So that's my big resolutions...

Ima catawampuss mess...

My goal and theme for the year is financial independence, or financial ok'ness,lol. This year i want to focus on paying off misc debt. I have three credit cards and owe my mother some money for fronting the money for our windows in the house. I have started that goal by putting in an application for a job, i will get a part time job at night and on weekends so that will bring in more money. My money will go for the bill of the month, we are also refinancing our mortgage for a lower interest rate. The refi will free up some more money also so that will also go towards the credit card payoff.

We will first pay off the credit cards, then we will take the money that was being put towards that and take half of it towards savings and the other half to pay my parents off. Also we are taking income tax money to pay down on credit cards too so by the time this year is over i "should" have both credit cards payed off. I just payed the one card off but that was easy it was only a couple hundred dollars,lol. After the cc are payed i will be cutting them up, and then the money we are putting into savings will be towards a wood stove that will hopefully be put in before the end of this year.

If i can accomplish this task i will be helping my sanity too, i want to have debt under control so that if something was to happen to my hubby or his job we will be ok,hence helping my sanity.

Get my cat, Tobey, to be more friendly. Spend more time with Macey and Keiran. Get my license then buy a car. Buy a tv. Lose about ten pounds. Do better in school.

My New Year Resolution is try to curse less than last year.

I had a potty mouth last year. Hehehe..... :tears2:

:soapbox

Mine:

*Get at least AAB in my A levels

*Following on from the previous point but - get into uni!

*Pass my driving test (I keep putting it off through lack of time but I seriously need to get my license now!:?)

*Train for and complete the Great North Run

I have a few I think:

*loose the "flab" on my stomach and get better abs (lawlz..this will be next yrs resolution aswell!)
*Exercise more
*Eat healthier
*Eat less (I dont want to loose weight or anything but I so need to eat less lol )
*Stay organized
*Keep everything tidier (mainly my room)
*Suceed in having CJ as a free-range rabbit (currently he only gets outtimt for the whole day, he is too much of a pain in the night)
*Spend more time with the cats (I spend almost all day with them, like now eddie is by my side with his front paws across my stomach and another curled up by my otherside but I mean playing with them and spending more one-on-one time with them. )
I think thats about it..

Ooooh lordy I have alot of resolution :p

PS: Another one is not to bring anymore pets home this year! If I get anymore "pets" they will have to be insects or a friend for CJ.
PPS: another is to get out and make more friends...lol!

Latest posts

Back