New Year Bunny Resolutions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tauntz

Reaction score
Normally I don't get into this "New Year Resolution" thing but thought it would be good bunnywise. So my New Year Bunny Resolution is to put together 1) a list of common bunny emergency situations & 2) a bunny emergency kit with my own medical emergency guide for handy assistance in an emergency.

Anyone have a bunny New Year Resolution?

Anyone already have their "bunny emergency kit"? And would you like to share it &/or your knowledge to help me put one together for my buns?

I haven't finished my bunny emergency kit but I do have simethicone (baby gas drops) on hand. I actually have three bottles since they are so small. I also keep a can of pumpkin on hand. The plain not the kind with added seasoning.

I do know that Ibrium has a site that she sells bun stuff on including emergency items.

Vet wrap would be good to have on hand.

My bunny emergency kit includes 6cc syringes, 1cc syringes, a feeding syringe, 18g-, 22g-, and 25g-needles, surgical scalpels, electric clippers, stethoscope, rectal thermometer, gauze, vet wrap, vetericyn spray, neosporin, sterile gloves, simethicone drops, neomycin oral solution, petroleum jelly, nfz puffer, corid, hydrogen peroxide, bounce back, measuring cups/spoons, soluble vitamins and electrolytes, duramycin-10(water-soluble antibiotic), biomycin-200(injectible antibiotic), noromectin(injectible parasiticide), powdered milk replacer/bottles/nipples, and penicillin-g.

Next year, I want to start an Orange Jersey Wooly program. That's the only rabbitry goal I can think of...

My bunny emergency kit includes 6cc syringes, 1cc syringes, a feeding syringe, 18g-, 22g-, and 25g-needles, surgical scalpels, electric clippers, stethoscope, rectal thermometer, gauze, vet wrap, vetericyn spray, neosporin, sterile gloves, simethicone drops, neomycin oral solution, petroleum jelly, nfz puffer, corid, hydrogen peroxide, bounce back, measuring cups/spoons, soluble vitamins and electrolytes, duramycin-10(water-soluble antibiotic), biomycin-200(injectible antibiotic), noromectin(injectible parasiticide), powdered milk replacer/bottles/nipples, and penicillin-g.

Next year, I want to start an Orange Jersey Wooly program. That's the only rabbitry goal I can think of...

Where did you get all your stuff from? I have no idea how to start my kit

Anyone already have their "bunny emergency kit"? And would you like to share it &/or your knowledge to help me put one together for my buns?

Here's the thread from when I was first putting together my first-aid kit: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=75235&forum_id=48

I do know that Imbrium has a site that she sells bun stuff on including emergency items.

I do sell some stuff on my website (which is primarily for sugar gliders, but my bunnies got a page of their own, hehe)... I'm waiting to hear back from Oxbow about the possibility of getting Critical Care to sell and am looking for a good price on the Oxbow papaya tablets. I'm waiting for a couple shipments to add some other (non-first aid) bunny goodies as well, including the PetSmart treat/kibble dispensers :D. Here's the bunny page (the first aid combo is about halfway down the page)... I sell the first aid items individually (and have a "make your own kit" option) on the regular first aid page (some stuff there is specific to gliders, but much of it is also good for bunnies).

As for critical care, the best I've seen lately is on Amazon - $8.05 (prime/super saver eligible) for a 141g bag of apple/banana flavor (which I strongly recommend over anise flavor). I ordered some last week to restock my emergency kit and was quite pleased that the expiration date is a year and a half away.

Oh, and re: RabbitLover94's first aid kit - much of that stuff isn't applicable (or recommended) for the average pet owner... like syringes with needles, antibiotics, anti-parasitics, etc. Those sorts of medications, injections of any type and sub-q fluids should NEVER be given by a non-vet unless the person has been properly trained and has their vet's authorization. In other words, RabbitLover94 has an expert/very advanced kit... good for someone who runs a rabbitry and has the proper training but not suitable for the average pet owner ;).

I'm going to get my first, very own bunny soon in January (probably before the sixth, that's when I get back in school) and my resolution is just to have a good time with him and bond with him. Here's a link to the one I plan on adopting:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/27880051/

So your getting him! Congrats! Hope he is as cute, adorable, fuzzy, well-trained and as perfect as he sounds!

My resolution is to get my two rabbits finally bonded once and for all.

My resolution is to get my two rabbits finally bonded once and for all.

Hope the bonding goes well for your two rabbits. You might want to follow Imbrium's new "Nermal" thread/blog since she is adding a third bunny to her already bonded female pair, Nala & Gaz! She also has a blog for them. I've learned allot from Imbrium & she is always helpful with answers or whatever!

Thanks. I have that website on my favorites. hehe I really researched bonding a lot before I even decided to get the second bunny. I got her as a baby back in August. I had her spayed the 3rd of November. I had all that time in between to read up watch videos and pre bond. I had 3 sessions where my male would go straight to attacking my girl. Always pulling her fur out. So I took a break and started rebonding a couple of days ago. The first session was the same ol same. I got frustrated and ended that session almost as soon as it started. Then last night I stress bonded. I put them in a box and walked around the house from time to time I dragged it across the tiles in the kitchen. Then I put the box in a stroller and walked them around the house ocassionally putting the box down and petting the rabbits. This went on for around 20 minutes. My usually aggressive male was doing a lot of cuddling with my female. He didn't attack once. So I think I found what is going to finally work. I plan to start out the same way this evening but put them in the main bathroom for a visit if my male attacks the female in the box they will go and I will stress bond again and end that way. Hopefully this gets my male to be nice and my female will stop being afraid she is going to be attacked all the time. Thanks for your input and hope every one has a Happy New Year!

Oh by the way I am watching the Nermal blog. I love it! I actually like that name btw.:)

Latest posts

Back