new with a few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaja

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been involved with the ASPCA and a few dog breeds for nearly 20 years now, but I'm new to rabbits. I've found a reputable breeder in my area via ARBA and I'm hoping to get 2-3 Holland lops. I haven't contacted the breeder yet, but will once hutch and cage are finished being made.

Meanwhile, what I can't quite figure out is... how much should a reputable breeder charge for a Holland lop (will be altered & not shown)? Also, at what age should the babies be sent to their forever home?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the RO forums.

Baby rabbits shouldn't be put in new homes until their 8th week.
As far as prices, it varies so much, that I would ask the question in the "The Rabbitry and Show Room" section of these forums.

Being a Holland Lop lover (and owner of 9) - can't wait to see your two:)

Welcome to the forum.

I got my male from a breeder in Canada so not sure if it would be exactly the same for you. He was just over 8 weeks when I got him and I paid $30 without a certificate. He was slightly cheaper then his brothers because he has a slipped crown but since I was only looking for a pet that didn't matter to me. Not being a breeder/show person I can't see anything wrong with him and he has been an amazing bun. Hope that helps you somewhat and enjoy your lops when you get them.

Latest posts

Back