New Virus warning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
My husband emailed me this tonight about a newvirus out there, he got it from the tech page where he works atRoadrunner. Thought you'd all like to know.

There is a new release of the Sober Virus out (WORM_SOBER.AG) Some examples of subject lines are as follows:

* hi,_ive_a_new_mail_address
* Mail delivery failed
* Registration Confirmation
* smtp mail failed
* Spam: Registration Confirmation
* Your Password
* Your IP was logged
* Paris_Hilton_&_Nicole_Richie
* You visit illegal websites

This e-mail will also have subjects and messages that make reference to the FBI and CIA.

Thank you. My mom just got that email not 10 minutes ago, and she promptly deleted it!

I have gotten TONS of these emails in the lastfew days - about 50 of them just today! GRRR. Thank goodnessfor Mailwasher (email previewer), they can all be deleted before myemail program ever retrieves them.

This is good information, thanks forsharing. Interestingly enough,I had them on my workemail system which is supposed to have filters and other measures toprevent these types of things.

I had several that were on your list. It gives you a startwhen you see that it is something from the FBI.:shock: I justhad a weird feeling about them so I did not open anyattachments. Now I need to go back in and deletethem. Usually our computer people on the State level warn uswhen these things start to appear. Thanks again Beckie

We had someone hack into our modem, and charged $25 onto our phone bill using some new scam.

The thing to do is look over your phone bills, and checkforany 900 numbers. They only canuse up to 2 mins.or something the bell operator told me, but still 2 mins. costs $25!!!!!

Some people need to get a life!

:monkey:'s!

Wow, that's pretty scary. We dropped Bell aftertoo many issues with them messing up our phone bill. Talk abouthorrible service too!

Oh geez! Ok..... that's where that has comefrom. My mother got one and opened it yesterday while I was at school!I told her it was a scan and ran virus and worm checks last night, Icame up with one thing and deleted it under the "bug". Do you know whatthis virus does? Do we need to get an updated virus scan?

Kat

Thanks for the warning, we have virus checker scan all our emails and gets rid of the infected ones.

My advice,,, don't open anything from people you don't know.

Stephanie wrote:
My husband emailed me this tonight about a new virus out there,he got it from the tech page where he works at Roadrunner. Thoughtyou'd all like to know.

There is a new release of the Sober Virus out (WORM_SOBER.AG) Some examples of subject lines are as follows:

* hi,_ive_a_new_mail_address
* Mail delivery failed
* Registration Confirmation
* smtp mail failed
* Spam: Registration Confirmation
* Your Password
* Your IP was logged
* Paris_Hilton_&_Nicole_Richie
* You visit illegal websites

This e-mail will also have subjects and messages that make reference to the FBI and CIA.

Just an added note: This virus has the ability to deactivate VirusScan. Nasty bugger this one.

~JimD

Latest posts

Back