New toys for Axel and Juno

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I was in the feed store stocking up on provisions before my weekend trip to Florida (a change from cold, snowy weather in upstate NY is welcome). I found these sisal wrapped carrot rattles and bought those for Axel and Juno. Juno was not thrilled with hers and ignored it but Axel decided this was a toy to be played with. He was tossing it around, then he would tosshis grass ball around, then back to the carrot rattle. Both bunnies like the alfalfa cubes I have for the horses... they are hard and provide some hard, chewing action for them.

Even with the Craisins, Juno plays hard to get when they are in the feeder but Axel is shameless when he sees the bag come out- he is begging at his feeder and those Craisins are gone quickly.

But as she plays hard to get, Juno does enjoy cuddling with me... Axel wants to be busy exploring and of course, "looking for does." Juno has a few more months of maturing before she is bred but I do look forward tomy future grandbunnies.

Their first show with me is May 9th... I am so looking forward to returning to rabbit shows.

My hands are sore from assembling the larger hutches... but with Axel liking the ability to toss his toys around, I want him to have the largest, most secure space possible so he can express himself. Juno needs a larger hutch too.

Denise

I have not heard from the Checkered Giant breeder but I imagine the 9 nestboxes with litters are bursting at this point....

Denise

Oh, mine have had those rattles... HAD being the operative word there... they ate them LOL!

I have hay cubes too but mine don't care much for them. Do you feed the cubes watered down to the horses? I've heard they can choke on them dry......

Latest posts

Back