New to the Yin & Yang of bunnydom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a first time rabbit owner, six months in, I've had dogs and guinepigs in my youth so I thought rabbits would be a nice energetic change... Energetic was apparently an understatement as, oh boy, these little destructive fluff balls have kept me on my toes. From turning pillows into burrowed out bunny condos to decimating yet another phone book, even my shoes aren't safe from their 'chew first, worry about flavour later' outlook.

I'm not very breed educated as I'm more for enjoying them and their personality then the bunny family tree so pardon my lack of knowing much beyond 'albino' and 'lop'.

Sable: (black) has personality to spare with a lot of attitude. From stomping her foot to get her way to a little growl if you move while she enjoys sleep on your foot, she has no qualms with letting you know what she wants. She is always the first to explore new things and try new foods.

Rice: (white) a skittish, ever-shedding, shy chubster is instantly attracted to adventure and high places as soon as your back is turned. Most likely a mountain goat in a previous life she manages to get herself on the highest reaches of book shelves and must consider barricade jumping and bed cover burrowing the spice of life.

P9140150.jpg

P9140152.jpg

P9210168.jpg

Welcome to RO! Your 2 buns are adorable and YES they can be just exhaustive.. Not sure of Sables breed (more knowledable people here could say for sure) but she looks just like one at my shelter that is a Newzealand Dwarf - yours does not look "dwarf" size but the attitude sounds consistent with ND's (FULL of energy). Maybe there are NZ's that aren't dwarfs?

Cute photos - look like their just the best of friends. Did you get them bonded or did you figure this out yourself?

You must start a Blog - so that I can see more photos and hear more of their antics. Check out the library for help, but from the photos it appears your doing just fine.:D

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it. Your bunny's are very cute, great pictures.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link to a website that will help you understand what your rabbits are saying to you, Rabbitspeak.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbits.

They are so adorable! I wonder why it is that Hollands (like Rice, I think) look chubby? I don't think she is, and I don't think my Holland Muffin is chubby, but they certainly look it.

Welcome! You'll find a lot of people who understand what it's like to own a destructo-bun!

@juliew19673: I got them from two different pet shops on the same day and brought them home together. Sable was very bossy and was a lot more mature then the pet store let on. They got into one scuff but that was resolved quickly once they had separate cages later that day. I had to let them run about separately but Sable's aggression dissipated when Rice got bigger and refused to be a push over, that and winter is warmer with another bun to cuddle up to.

Which board is best to ask questions about behavior?

:wave:hello from me and my rexes. your two are sooo cute!

you could post in the main part of the forum - the first heading under bunny business. there is also a section in hare care on nutrition and behaviour:)

Back