New to the forum!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy123

Reaction score
Hello to all!

My name is Justine and I am glad I found this forum as it has been very helpful so far! I am the owner of 4 rabbits, Petey & Belle/ Trig& Lucy. It all startedaround Easter time 2 years ago when Idecided I wanted a duck. They had tons of baby ducks in the store, and so I did some research and found that a duck is not the right animal for me. So I went back to the store to look around and I saw one baby rabbit all by itself in a bin.One of the lady's told me all I need is a small cage, pellets, and water, and when I asked her if this is the kind of animal that may need regular vet checks/care, she said no. HA... well I found out later that it is definitley more involved, and stores are justselling animals for pure profit, and usually don't know much about them (in my opinion...) Of course beforeI found all of this out, I purchased Lucy. So I guess I'llpost some pictures andexplain more of the storyas I go....

Lucy:
Lucy-1.jpg

Then I learned rabbits are social by nature, and live happier healthier lives with a mate. So I adopted Belle. Belle is a mini rex, and I attempted to bond them, however it did not work out. So Lucy remained in my room, and Belle lived in the office....

Belle:

Belle.jpg

I really didn't anticipate another rabbit coming in our home at this point. Then my mom, aunt , and myself happened to go to Gerbralter Trade Center, and they had a pet store called Pollywood. In my opinion it was really awful, and I learned later that they've been in the paper and no one is able to shut them down. Anyway I saw a lop sitting in a small cage on wire flooring with only pellets. I asked what the sex was, and age, and they couldn't even tell me. I probably shouldn't have, but I couldn't leave him so I purchased him. When we got home I realized he was skin and bones, soI took him to the vet. Once I got him back to a healthy weight, I bonded him withBelle in about 3 1/2 weeks.

Petey:

Petey.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Last but not least, Trig who I decided to adopt for Lucy from Midwest Rabbit Rescue. Still in the process of bonding, and after 4 months, going much better.

Picture027.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Finally Lucy's home that me and my dad built. Petey and Belle have the same one except it's a foot longer I believe. This is when it was first finished...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well I guess that's it. Hope the pics come out right. Thanks! :D

Hi Justine! :wave: Welcome to RO!

Your bunnies are gorgeous!! :biggrin2:Nice cage you and your dadmade for Lucy :)

I'm getting ready to adoptanother bunnyfrom Midwest R&R, this Sunday. I'm so excited. This will be my 2nd bunny from them.

Enjoy the forum. See you around, .....April

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Your bunnies are beautiful and that cage looks awesome!

Thanks for sharing pictures!

Beautiful bunnies! Petey is so adorable, I'm happy you found him! Pet stores that sell animals are awful. My first rabbit came from a pet store too.

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline, Justine. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile with an area that you are in, may be like northern Michigan etc, that would assist others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

Great pictures and nice cage setup too.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures of your bun and stories about them.

Dave

Latest posts

Back