new to rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvanimals987

Reaction score
hi, i'm totally new to rabbits. i just got 2 bunnies the other day. they are of the opposite sex, so they each have their own 24" x 48" cages, but next to each other. i'm worried that the cages aren't high enough. they are each 14" high... and have a wire top. carly is a lionhead and chase a holland lop. are those cages too shallow? will these cages work until they are neutered / spayed? they can then share a large size wire dog kennel, right? i have a 48" x 48" exercise pen. once they are fixed, they can play in there together, but for now one at a time. can rabbits have a one-level cat condo in their playpen or will they chew & digest that material? thought it would be fun for them to hop up on and sleep inside of in a cuddle cup, but now worried they might eat the carpet material on it. ok, long enough... cool site! can't figure out how to get my pics here...
http://rabbitsonline.net/gallery_view.php

Welcome to the Forum.

Beautiful bunnies.

I think they will be fine in the temporary cages until neuter/spay. You are getting them out for individual runs so they are getting exercise. Smart to start the bonding process now by the temporary cages set together.

Dog crate sounds good. I use one connected to a xpen for outside runs for my boys. There's some really good info on Nic units with attached exercise pens in the Library section and in Housing/Environment Section. Also shows different ways to keep bunnies separate until they are ready to live together in their new living quarters.

Lots of good info on bonding, safety as they roam the house, etc.

Wishing you all the luck with your new bunnies. Sorry partial to Carly lol.

Keep us updated on how they are doing. The Blog Section is a lot of fun too.

K :)

Hi welcome! Well about the picture problem, when you post a new thread there will be a G icon on the right hand side. Click on it and it will open you up to your Gallery, choose the pic/pictures you want and they will appear on your post!
Best place to put your habitat question is in the Housing and Enviroment where more people can help you!
Enjoy your time on RO, beautiful bunnies by the way!
Jj

Welcome! You can upload your pictures through photobucket also. Just copy the image code and paste it into your thread. Thats what I do. Congrats on your bunnies. They are gorgeous

Welcome to the forum! Some rabbits may chew on the condo but my franklin loves soiling on carpet. You could try just putting them on the cat condo and see what they do if they use it for a meal or a bathroom then probably not a good idea but if they act okay on it then maybe it would work.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back