New to rabbits, have lots of rescues, need some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmdhart

Reaction score
I've only been with this forum for about a week or so, and already I've gotten some incredible, very helpful advice. As some of you know I took on several rescue bunnies, some with injuries and health issues. Good news, they are getting better. The problem I'm having is trying to tame some of the very frightened bunnies. A few of them are absolutely terrified of people. Any good ideas as to how to coax them along without traumatizing them?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

When you interact with them...get down and do it on their level...
take your time and be patient
and bring lots of treats!
The easiet way to a bunns heart... is through their tummy!:biggrin2:

The best way to begin is just to be with them...bunns are incredibly nosey...so sitting in the room, on the floor with them...ignoring them and just reading a book will eventually drive them nuts and they will approach you to see what you are doing...it took 3 days with our lionhead girls for them to get curious enough to approach us!
They got ticked and started to chew the magazine I was reading...when that didn't work they sat in the middle of it so I couldn't read at all! :biggrin2:
once they figured out we had treats...we couldn't get rid of them!

Does that work with full grown rabbits as well?

Latest posts

Back