New to owning bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph16

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Steph, and I just recently got a bunny. His name is Jacob, and he is about 10 months old. He is partially albino, he is mostly white, but it looks like he ran through a cloud of brown spray paint. He is my first bunny and I love him dearly. I never knew I was a bunny person, until I got him. I love that I have found this place, because you guys can hopefully answer some of the questions I have.

Steph:Canada small:

P.S. you can find a picture of him here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78808862@N00/4778139764/in/set-72157624325796628/

Welcome to the forum :)
What a cute bunbun you have!
Yeah, I never thought I was a bunny person either, until I got my first bun, Solara.
I ended up getting another, Sabriel, and bonding the two.
And I ended up getting a third recently! (A Flemish Giant! XD)

I'll be happy to try and answer some of your questions :)

Welcome!
I just LOVE your bunny!!! He doesnt look albino at all. He has dark eyes. His fir is pretty neat though, not sure what you would call it.
Where did he come form>

Hope you like the forum. Feel free to ask any questions, we are here to help :biggrin:

Well I think he is partially albino. He does have the hint of red eyes. Like in this picture you can see it, http://www.flickr.com/photos/78808862@N00/4778139540/ , and sometimes you can see it if his eyes catch the right light.

I got him from someone, who got him from a pet store. Her kids didn't want him anymore, and she wanted him to go to a really good home. He is a dwarf, but I am not sure what type. I am thinking a Netherland dwarf.

I am thinking about getting another bunny, but that wont be for at least another year, and plus I have to get him neutered.

Um, I don't think a bunny can br "partial" albino.. That isnt how that works. He probably has ruby eyes, not red.
He looks like a Netherland Dwarf MIX to me but I could be wrong.

Post some pics of him here and ask about his breed and color, you'll have some luck there: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=8

There should be people there to help out with his color and eye color along with his breed :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

A very handsome bunny.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Well whatever he is he's a gorgeous bun! And welcome to the wonderful world of rabbits, enjoy your stay 'cause you'll probably never want to leave, lol :p

Welcome Steph......Jacob is adorable..

Latest posts

Back