New to forum. We have a little lionhead bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman43

Reaction score
We have a little bunny who is very shy. She is an 8 week old lionhead rabbit. She is timid about handling despite care being taken to support her body. She is ok being close to us while playing on the floor, but as soon as we try to get close to her to pick her up to put her back in her cage, she runs away. She seems happy and well adjusted otherwise. She quit enjoys her hay and pellets and loves her carrots and lettuce. We just started to give her a treat (a slice of an apple). She is very well litter trained. I don't know if she will be a lap rabbit. I would like her to be.!!! Hopefully she will come around. Any hints or info whould be helpfull. We spend a couple hours a day letting her run around with her toys and slowly becoming close to her. She lioves her space.

Anyways, I am looking forward to reading through the forum to learn as much as possible to make my little bunny as happy as possible and hopefully not be so shy.

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Carrots and lettuce for an 8-week-old seems awfully early.

She's very cute! Welcome to the forums and keep on with the pictures. :)

Aww what a cutie. Welcome to the forum!! I would sit with her for awhile, (like on the bathroom floor and shut the door) and not touch her read a book - play DS, but just ignore her she needs time to come to trust u. But it will come, she is young.

So have u decided on a name for her??

Welcome to RO. She is beautiful!! Does she have a name yet?

I would wait til she's 3-4 months for veggies. And if you give fruit, I would give small peices for treats every once in a while. Being young she's gonna be skittish. That will last awhile. You just have to build trust. And hopefully as she gets older she'll settle down and trust you. I think Lionheads are known for being spunky and high energy. Lol. From what I hear.

Congrats on your new bunny. She's lovely. Enjoy the forum...

:apollo:April

Congratulations and WELCOME! What a precious looking bunny. :) I agree with the others, she is still a little young for lettuce and carrots, but the hay and pellets is great! Yes, very nice looking cage. :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it. She is a very cute bunny, like the others have said, sit on the floor and ignore her. Rabbits hate to be ignored and they will come over to see what your doing instead of watching them.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

In your profile there is a place for location. There is no rule requiring you to list the city you live in, but if you can give a general region, country, state, what part of a state or country you live in is helpful. This will give others an idea and can offer more specific help if needed.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, How to put photo's in your posts.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbits.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and sage advice! We (after a week of thinking) have decided to name her Ebony. We will cut out the vegetables for now, and keep up the hay and pellets. Ebony's "Daddy" built the cage out of closet organizers, plywood, sticky backed flooring tiles, and zip ties. Got the idea off the net. Love the forum, and all the great information it provides!

Thanks, Ken, Amanda, and Ebony

Ebony is a very cute name. I have a lionhead rabbit and her name is Sweetie. She looks exactly like your bunny, Ebony. She is the black one in my avatar. My bunny is a year old.

Mine isn't litterbox trained yet but getting there.

This is a great forum with lots of info!

Welcome!

What an adorable little girl and a great cage!!

May I ask where on the net you guys got the idea from?

I hope you enjoy your time here...some really great people to lend a hand and an ear..

Hello :wave:

What a sweet girl....she's very pretty...i'm looking forward to hearing more about her.

We don't actually have lionheads over here in Australia...such a shame

Latest posts

Back