New to Forum & to Bunnyland!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Tesha & I am new to this website & to the land of rabbits, so bear with me

Last June I purchased a cute little white & grey bunny on a whim and things have been different ever since :D

My little sister named it Snowflake, and by the time Christmas came around, we discovered that it was a male

A very curious, stubborn, rambunctious male at that

Since I am new to such creatures, I am trying to figure out how to make Snowflake's world a little better, and mine too

Here are my "problems" Snowflake insists on following me & being practically underneath me the majority of the time

When I first brought him home, I didnt have this problem...he was content to do his own thing....now his thing seems to be me

I had him neutered yesterday & he is not litter-trained...healso likes to nip at my legs, he likes to chew & dig...and heseems to LOVE the fireplace

Dont worry, the fireplace is broken & hasnt been used in abouta year...but I wonder if he likes it because its dark & fairlysecluded

For some odd reason, I assumed that the neutering would help with hisbehavior...but he's the same ol' Snowflake ;)still curious,still nipping at me & following me around...does anyone knowwhat thats about?

What should I do? Oh yeah, I was told at the vet's that he's a lop, notsure what kind but I assumed he was something of a mixed breed...hisears aren't that long, only one of them tends to hang straight down,the other ear tends to perch back a little, and he has dark circlesaround his eyes

I'll get some pics before the day is over hopefully

Any advice?? Thanx

Tesha

Hi Tesha, aren't Bunnies just the best pets. We have 4 of them.

Since you just had him neutered yesterday you have to give it time forthe hormones to settle down. All of ours settled down about 6weeks after they were fixed.

Do you have some place in his cage or in the room that he is in (like abox) that he can go and hide/sleep in during the day, that way he maynot go into the fire place. You should count yourself luckythat he wants to spend so much time with you, so many bunnies tend toignore their "human slaves" especially if they are bonded with anotherrabbit.

Look forward to seeing pictures of Snowflake.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunnyheart:bunny19

Sheesh! It took me forever to figure out how to post that pic

Thats Snowflake ;)

Thanx for the info Susan, I didnt know that it took some time beforethe hormones would settle down, for a minute I was gonna call the vet& demand "proof" that they actually neutered the bunny!

No, I dont have a place for Snowflake to hide/sleep, but I had beenthinking about it over the last few days, he definitely needs a little"house" or something

I wouldnt mind him wanting to spend time with me if he didnt nip at meor have me tripping over him, its cool...someday I might miss himtrailing after me all of the time

This has definitely been challenging since this is my first rabbit,this whole thing has inspired my sister (she's 11), she is officially afan of all rabbits & already has her eye on another one :shock:

I say we first figure out Mr. Snowflake before we do anything else;)its already a challenge trying to chase down Snowflake..Ican't imagine having to chase after another one :run:

LOL Thanx!

Hey Tesha!!:wave: Welcome to RO!!:hello

I hope you enjoy posting!:happydance

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

Hey tesha.Like stated above,it takes a little time for rabbits to show changes after being fixed.Its also normal that ur rabbit likes to go in the fireplace. Rabbitslike small, dark, and hidden spots and thats why its important to get alittle hide-out for the rabbits cage.

Rabbits also like todig,theydig into theground in the wild,so thats why he likes todig up the carpet. Andfornipping and following you,that means he lovesyou and wants toplay. Rabbits nip because they are annoyed,but a rabbit nip can also mean it loves you. If your walking and hefollows and nips you, then he's saying "Hey! I'm down here, come playwith me!" Good luck with your bunny and if you need anything else justask, i know a lot about rabbits. I hope you can get a picture of him upsoon! :biggrin:

BinkyRabbit33 wrote:
Hey tesha.Like stated above, it takes alittle time for rabbits to show changes after being fixed. Its alsonormal that ur rabbit likes to go in the fireplace. Rabbits like small,dark, and hidden spots and thats why its important to get a littlehide-out for the rabbits cage.

Rabbits also like todig,theydig into theground in the wild,so thats why he likes todig up the carpet. Andfornipping and following you,that means he lovesyou and wants toplay. Rabbits nip because they are annoyed,but a rabbit nip can also mean it loves you. If your walking and hefollows and nips you, then he's saying "Hey! I'm down here, come playwith me!" Good luck with your bunny and if you need anything else justask, i know a lot about rabbits. I hope you can get a picture of him upsoon! :biggrin:

Thanx for the link Kathy, I'll give it a shot ;)

Well Binky, I'll have to see if I can come to some kinda middle ground with the bunny

I can't say that I dont play with him but since he started nipping at me, I've been less inclined to play :?

He must REALLY love me LOL seems like no matter what I do it causes himto wanna nip at me, I go to pet him on the head (or anywhere), hefollows my hand around wanting to get at it, or if he's out...he'sfollowing me around...if I stand still long enough, he nips at my legs(I now wear pants & long socks at all times)

I cant seem to win LOL

When I first brought him home, he was more relaxed, I was able to pethim, and sit with him without fear of being eaten alive...lol...now Icant do that, I'm always wondering which body part he's gonna gofor...so we'll see how things go in a few weeks ;)

As for getting him a hideout, what do you suggest that I use? Should Iput one in the cage as well as outside the cage? Do you thinkthat putting something like a cardboard box over a litter pan wouldhelp the training process?

I guessI should start slow & just see how he changes over time since having him altered

Thanx everyone!

Latest posts

Back