New to bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and new to bunnies as well. Pretty much all animals. My parents wouldn't let me have a pet for years (except boring fish, lol), but I broke them down for my birthday. I researched rabbits for about a month, non-stop reading until they said I could the day of my party. I got my bunny November 13th (3 days after my birthday), when she was 9 weeks old. Her (I'm pretty sure she's female)name is Nutmeg, and she is now about 4 months old. She loves to binky. She's a little Nut (how appropriate). :D

So, stealing her name, a rabbit forum was a little hard to come across. I'm not new to forums (I co-admin one with my best friend for the game Petz), but I am new to this particular server. I'm a freshmen in highschool, and I volunteer with horses and the handicapped twice a week. I'm looking into starting rabbit hopping with Nutmeg, seeing as she is old enough now. And my dad (yes, I know he loves her even though he pretends otherwise) made me and the Nut a jump, and she's already taken quite well to it. Now just to find a harness small enough!

Here's the Nut...

This is around when we first got her. All her markings are on her right, but she just doesn't let me take pictures on that side. They've come out more since she's gotten older, and she's gotten a little bigger. Right now she's about 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. At the petstore where I got her they said she was a Netherland Dwarf mix. They didn't know with what else because the guy who bred her wasn't there. She was bred to be snakefood. Because of her markings I think she is mixed with Cinnamon, so dwarf + Large breed = Standard. I hope. :D

82cqcjs.jpg

And here you can see a little how small she was...

73dpy1f.jpg

And if you're interested here's a video of her first outdoor adventure! (about last week) You can see her markings and personality here.

[ame=http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=8e5rfx3&s=1]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=8e5rfx3&s=1[/ame]

Welcome :wave:!

Nutmeg is sssoooo cute! I love her coloring, and her name.

Good luck with the Rabbit Hopping! I've just started clicker training mine, and so far it's going pretty well!

Anyway, glad to have you here, and I can't wait to see more pictures, videos and stories of Nutmeg!

OMG Nutmeg is so cute. Look at those ears they are adorable & huge.

I look forward to more pictures of Nutmeg.

Susan:apollo:

hi! welcome to the forum! nut is adorable!!!!! start a blog, we all want more pictures!!!!!!

this forum is very helpful, let us know if you have any questions!

best wishes!

tracy :)

:hello

:welcome1 welcome to you and Nutmeg! She is adorable! If she is only 3 lbs at 4 months of age, she probably won't be too big when she grows up! Can't wait to see more photo's of her! :bunnydance:

Hello & welcome to the forum. I'm new myself.

Nutmeg is absolutely ADORABLE! I love her color!:)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I really like this forum. I'm sure Nut may let me get a few good pictures of her, it's just so hard to take good ones inside with my friend's cellphone!

Hi!! :welcome1 to the RO Family!!

Your sweet Nutmeg is just ADORABLE!!! I love that smudge of color on her nose...really makes her bee-u-ti-ful!! :D

Can't wait to hear all about your girl!

Hugs!

Rosie*

P.S. My husband (like your dad) used to also pretend I hadn't turned him into an animal lover...don't think he can deny it anymore! You should hear him talk to the buns & the kitties! LOL!!

lol :biggrin2:...shhh. We all know they love the sweet bunnies, they're just too proud to admit it.

I love the smudge on her nose too, one of my favorite markings on her! I'm thinking about getting a blog up. Little Nut played with a new toy today: slinky. Her favorite I think. I got a really cute video. :)

hey! cute bunny!

i know exactly how you feel, i had to work on my parents to get rabbits too! now my mom wants everyone she sees! lol! my dad "pretends" also, but he built them this really nice enclosure, and he gets jealous when shadow thumps at him!!

as for the rabbit hopping....tell me how that goes,i want to start too, with my freddie, since he jumps out of the enclosure all the time! as for a harness, try a cat harness, or a small dog one. i have cat harnesses for mine, a little big on shadow but i am just gonna sew it smaller.

btw, i am a junior in hs just to let you know.

OH and nut is a CUTIE!!

Thank you!! :biggrin2:

I'm might just do 'backyard hopping' for now, because I am so new. :pShe's gotten a little bigger, so I think I'll try the harness out again tomorrow. I was just waiting another month or two, so that way I can see whether or not she'll grow into the one I already have. It's a really nice harness too, and Nutmeg already knows to jump when I put her in it. Such a good bunny.:D

I'm sure Freddie will do great then, they really pick it up quick, no matter how oblivious they are to you, lol.

I'm so glad my parents gave in though...I really was expecting them to say no, and if they did, it would be the usual voice, or dare rather,I get from my dad like "FINE. Get one if you want to." Which actually means no...or I'll hate it if you do. My mom told me it was actually his idea!

Latest posts

Back