New to bunnies and the forum!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalaleyla

Reaction score
After owning a guinea pig for a few months I realized he was not the pet for me. Yesterday I got myself a mini-rex/lop bunny. The guy didn't remember was sort of lop it was but he knew it was some sort of lop. ( I got her at a feed store today)

Her name is Baby, but we call her Boo.

417396_337064926370166_845129320_a.jpg

Poor baby woke up when I took this picture of her.

Congrats on your new bun and welcome to RO! :) Do you have any idea how old she is? The big carrot is a bad thing, though. They should have only a small piece, as a treat, because they're very high in sugar. And if she's under 4 months old, she should only be eating pellets and hay. Boo is very cute, and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Hi, Congratulations on your new bunny. What a sweetie. Boo looks a bit young to me too. Sticking with pellets and hay for now helps keep the balance in her belly healthy. But as Boo gets older, definitely try veggies slowly. Boo will love the variety. Mine do.

Thought of Guinea Pigs first too. Think they are sweet. I think they make great pets, but just like some feel about bunnies, not the pet for them. My husband thought they were too noisy. I think the squeak is cute.

Again, congratulations on your new bunny. Have fun getting to know Boo.

K

lalaleyla wrote:
Right now she is on alfalfa pellets and timothy hay(which she loves!).

Excellent start of a young bunny. BTW, I usually start switching over the alfalfa pellets for a good timothy pellet when mine reached 6 months. Alfalfa pellets will make adult bunnies chunky. It was a good time for me to introduce veggies. Taking something sweet away from a bun that's used to it, might be tough. So giving them something different in exchange, well, worked well for me. Just thought I throw that in.

K

Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back