New Smells

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnySilver

Bella - Owned by Silver
Reaction score
Hello all. Recently Silver has been scent marking with his poop or something, I think. It stinks at the moment and normally has absolutely no smell. Is this what is happening? There hasn't been any environment changes and he's almost a year old. There aren't any other buns in the house either.

Is there any way to fix this without neutering?

I 100% plan to neuter him, but am saving up at the moment and don't know when I will be able to do this.

I really would like this to stop and was just wondering if that is possible for the meantime until I can neuter him. Thanks in advance

Bandit went through a phase where he stunk things out a bit, so it may go away with a little bit of time. It could also be that his scent glands are full/blocked and giving them a clean out could help.

Otherwise, I've heard that a change in diet (hay type/pellet type) can affect the smell too, have you made any changes?

No I really haven't made any diet changes. Yeah I've been meaning to check his glands lately along with trimming his nails. He doesn't like either one though.

I'll check today though and see if it helps any. It doesn't seem to be him that stinks though. He still just smells like hay and flowers, lol. Thank you!

Back