New rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mockingjay

Reaction score
I got a new Holland lop! He's my first rabbit and he's way more than I ever hoped for! He's solid blue with a little snip of white on his forehead and little white "socks" on all four paws! His name is Linus. I figured out why when I put him in the carrier to take him home... and he started playing with the blanket that was in it! I LOVE him and he is SOOOO sweet! He ate strawberry tops out of my hand and it's our first night together! He comes from this place:

aslops.weebly.com

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388889692.339378.jpg

You guys told me to update so that's what I'm doing!

He is quite cute.
The white on his forehead and feet can indicate that he is vienna marked. This should not be much of an issue (unless you wanted to breed), but can mean a sensitivity to ivermectin. Just be careful if you do have to use it and try to avoid it if possible as there are other drugs that can be used.
Also limit carrots and other veggies. He looks young, so you should try to avoid too many changes in his diet. He is probably a bit stressed from coming home, adding lots of diet changes can lead to problems. Give him some time to settle in. Veggies should be avoided for a few more weeks and then in small amounts only. Carrots are higher in sugar, so should be more limited.

Congratulations, Mockingjay & :welcome1, Linus!
Linus is adorable! I too am a first time bunny parent of my two Jersey wooly sisters, Faith & Hope. RO is a great place to come for helpful information & any bunny questions which may arise. Everyone here is helpful & friendly. This has become my online bunny home. Hope you & Linus will make yourselves at home here at RO! Keep up with all those adorable Linus pix!

Aw, what a cutie! Congrats. Love his name, he looks like a Linus. Welcome to RO and bunny parenthood. :)

He is a lovely looking bunny x x

Linus is super cute! Too stinking cute!

Congratulations on your new bunny. I'm glad he's everything that you had hoped for - and then some! You'll soon find out just how terrific being a rabbit owner can be. As for me, I should be bringing my new bun home some time this week. And, I can't wait! It's been too long, in my opinion, since a bunny has been under my care. Or, rather, me under their spell!

I second the advice given about waiting a bit on the veggies and fruit. First off, fruit should be given sparingly (as should carrots) due to the high sugar content. Also, overloading a bunny's system with veggies right off the bat could cause some GI issues. It's best to introduce them slowly over time. A good quality pellet and plenty of hay should be more than enough.

Please keep asking questions and reaching out. And, more photos of Linus are a must! Congrats on your little guy - may you spend many wonderful years together.

He is quite cute.
The white on his forehead and feet can indicate that he is vienna marked. This should not be much of an issue (unless you wanted to breed), but can mean a sensitivity to ivermectin. Just be careful if you do have to use it and try to avoid it if possible as there are other drugs that can be used.
Also limit carrots and other veggies. He looks young, so you should try to avoid too many changes in his diet. He is probably a bit stressed from coming home, adding lots of diet changes can lead to problems. Give him some time to settle in. Veggies should be avoided for a few more weeks and then in small amounts only. Carrots are higher in sugar, so should be more limited.

wow i didn't know that buns having certain markings can mean they may be sensitive to things especially meds..That is good info to know :)

Latest posts

Back