New rabbit poopy butt? Help! (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really eases my mind. I am so glad you're taking him/her to the vet. Please let us know how it turns out! Fingers crossed!

If the breeder keeps all his/her meat rabbits in poor sanitary conditions, could it be coccidiosis? I feel sorry for the rabbits he/she - the breeder - has, and hopefully the vet can get your baby cured of the poopy issue. Like Maureen/angieluv mentioned, it'll go back and most likely be culled. Killed. Probably not humanely either. A person who keeps rabbits for meat sales is not going to get vet treatment for a 6-week-old product.

A cast-off we got as a stray, came in with babies after she was discarded in a woods. She had coccidiosis. Due to her behavior, we felt she escaped a breeder who was keeping her for meatsales (aka, a product-producing-female).

Say hello to Cinibun and the other one at your cottage if you ever see them again. I hope a kind person will provide protection for them soon.

I fully agree with Tonyshuman. Recently, we have seen a rash of rabbits with diarrhoea on this board, and quite a few of them have died.

Here is one of those threads:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=50634&forum_id=16

I would be trying to get as much fluids into my bunny as possible until I could get them to the vets.

In a simple case of a few mushy poos with an adult rabbit, I might be willing to wait for about 24 hours while supplementing with lots of fluids to see if it passes. But with a young rabbit, coming from unsanitary conditions, I would be taking him to the vet immediately.

--Dawn

Things seem to be looking up for it today we found semi hard poo in the corner that it decided was it's litterbox. It is doing well with the litterbox it gas only gone once outside if it. Anyway it has been drinking lots and eating hay. I hope it survives! It is much more active aswell! If it dosnt make it we are going to adopt from a local shelter. But I'm glad that the rabbit we have now is going to have some kind of chance at a better life. Thanks for everyones help! Again more suggestions are good! (we still need names!)

Again he is using the litterbox and is starting to have more energy.:) I think that now it's used to it's new area it should start feeling better. It was probably from stress. Any suggestions would be great!

I found solid poos today and he is eating and drinking I'm still going to moniter him lots! And I'll be sure to give any new updates!

So before I put him away for the night I checked his litterbox and ther were some more hard poo. I'm very happy that he is doing better!

Latest posts

Back