New Oxbow papaya tabs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
I was given a bottle of the new Oxbow papaya tabs today my someone whose bunnies didn't like them. Well, none of my four will touch them either. They used to practically do backflips for these. Anyone have bunnies that like the new tabs??

Frida doesn't like them anymore, which is sad because she still recognizes the sound of us shaking the container, then we offer her one and she won't take it. A few of the shelter bunnies don't like the new formulation either. I don't know why, but they are different and not as well liked!

I was waiting to get some of the new papaya tablets until I heard some feedback on them. Looks like I'll save my money!

When the original ones went out of stock, I got a small bag of Sweet Meadow Farms dried papaya pieces. They cost more than the dried papaya I can find locally (ie, at Whole Foods), but they have no added sugar, which is very important for my bunnies.

Amelia would never eat the papaya tablets, and she won't touch the dried papaya either. Nick and Tobi, however, love them.

I will just continue the dried papaya, instead of the tablets.

Hmm, I bought a bottle of the papaya tablets but haven't given them yet. I'll have to go see what the bunnies think! I bet Skyler will eat them even if the others won't.

Well, apparently I have a bunch of oinkers because my four happily ate the new tablets!

If someone with a new bottle and someone with an old bottle post the ingredients we can compare. Their website lists the ingredients as

"Active Ingredients Papaya Fruit Powder 100 mg
Pineapple Fruit Powder 100 mg
Bromelain
23 mg Papain 2.9 mg

Inactive Ingredients: Cellulose, Maltodextrine, Natural Flavor, Stearic Acid (veg), and Lo Han Fruit Concentrate."

I haven't been using the oxbow papaya tablets since I can't find them locally. Well, I could probably special order them, but anyway. At rite aid I found Chewable Papaya Enzyme dietary supplement under the brand Pharmassure. They didn't eat it at first, but when I fed a few bits inside the wholes of some cheerios they started getting used to them. The ingredients are

Sucrose, Dextrose, Papain, Papaya Melon Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Protease, alpha-Amylase, Artificial Color (FD&C Yellow #6).

Latest posts

Back