New Owner! Question about food for 8 week old rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethcjd

Reaction score
Hi all! I've got a mini-rex named Nala who is 8 weeks old, and I just wanted some opinions on what to feed her. I've done a bit of research and see that rabbits under 1 yr should receive alfalfa based pellets with high fiber and protein - along with unlimited hay. So this is what I've been giving her:

- Sun Seed sunthing special pellets (alfalfa based - Protein: min. 18% Fat: min. 2% Fiber: max. 20%)
- As much timothy hay and bermuda grass as she wants (along with a grass house)
- A small bowl of alfalfa which I refill every day

So - are these pellets okay? I'm a little confused because I've heard over 16% could be bad for their GI, but at the same time younger rabbits need the protein. Also, how much alfalfa should I give her, I've heard it's fattening but also that it is a good source of protein (and of course younger rabbits need the fat when growing right?). Also, assuming these typed of pellets are good, should I ween her to something with about 16% when she's around 1 yr old? Thanks for all the help!

I used Sunseed with an older bun that was ill to keep weight on her.I think that pellet is good; i also think that your diet is good . you can give her more alfalfa as she is so young ; it is only when they are older that it can become a problem

Latest posts

Back