New nic cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask how many boxes that took you? Because I've been planning to build my bun a cage that size but haven't known how many I would need?

May I ask how many boxes that took you? Because I've been planning to build my bun a cage that size but haven't known how many I would need?

My calculations show 106 grids (just from what I can see). The number of boxes depends on how many are in each box. You are probably looking at 5 to 8 boxes of grids. It really can depend on your design and the grids you buy.

I used six boxes only because I didn't want to use the bigger grid on the bottom and middle. I used the larger grid for the top and roof. I do have it split in half to separate my rabbits. But it all works out in the end they don't get bored just setting in a cage by them selfs. I always have fun designing these cages I also buy cage latches off of eBay for the doors. You can get them fairly cheap and you get about six of them.

Thank both of you very much. I currently have 3 boxs (that's all my local stores had) but I'll be sure to pick up more when they get another shipment. I am also hoping to get a partner for my bun so would probably make in a split cage if that happens. Thank you for all the help!

Your cage is awesome. What do you use to hold down your fleece? Mine like to dig it up? Do you use uhaul padding under it?

I used spray glue made by scotch called super 77. I also just buy fleece fabric from walmart. I buy extra so I can wrap it underneath the boards. This is my second cage I have made with this material and I haven't had any problems with them ripping the fabric up.

I used spray glue made by scotch called super 77. I also just buy fleece fabric from walmart. I buy extra so I can wrap it underneath the boards. This is my second cage I have made with this material and I haven't had any problems with them ripping the fabric up.

Neat, but how do you keep it clean? I'm doing research for my eventual purchase of a fine Holland lop, but I'm concerned with being able to keep things clean and non-stinky.
:bunnyhug:

Well my rabbits are mostly litter trained! If they weren't I would lay down blankets or training pad for awhile till I knew where their potty spot was then put the litter box there. They would eventually get it. In the case of hay and other debris I use a hand broom and pan it picks us hair and such really well!

Latest posts

Back