New mommy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeyla64

Reaction score
Hello all I am a new bunny mommy.

I just got a 4 month old holland lop. I am not sure of the sex yet, I want he/she to have a few days with me before poking in those sensitive areas LOL.

Here is my baby first night home...

bunnyfoofoo2.jpg

bunnyfoofoo.jpg

Hello and welcome!
This is a great place to learn more about buns.
I see you've already begun to share pictures. We love pictures.

Also, what is that food he/she is eating?

I do not know the name of it, but it was what I was given from the previous owner. I read as much as I could before picking up baby. So I went to the pet store the next day and bought new food. The stuff the prevous owner had looked like bird food LOL.

It was not and was labled for rabbits, but with all I had read it was not what I felt was right for baby.

I am a newbie but like I said I read a lot and try to do what is right for my new baby. I will be on the help forum I am sure asking you all questions until you are telling me to shut up LOL.

I got the baby from a coworker that just did not have the time to take care of the baby, and truthfully did not take it seriously. I wanted to get baby home with me and give he/she proper care asap.

The one good thing the previous owner did was box train baby...

Welcome to the forum!:wave:

He looks like he could have flemmie in him/her.:pI have a holland lop of 4 years that's that size.:shock: Maybe it's the pic, but I don't think so, haha.

Anyone else think so?

(Might want to post this question in the Rabbitry section if you are wondering, I know I am.:))

Thank you for the response

I got her from a friend and she got her from a flea market!!! The person she bought her from said it was a holland. I took some comparison pics and will post in rabbitry and we shall find out what my little baby girl is!!

Oh yeah I checked her out last night and she is a she LOL

She's adorable and looks similar to my Pipkin.

Pipkin003.jpg

She may well be a Holland Lop. Mine did not grow much after 6 mos of age...just changed in features.

Welcome to RO. Hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a great place to make friends and learn a lot about bunnies. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

aeyla64 wrote:
I do not know the name of it, but it was what I was given from the previous owner. I read as much as I could before picking up baby. So I went to the pet store the next day and bought new food. The stuff the prevous owner had looked like bird food LOL.

It was not and was labled for rabbits, but with all I had read it was not what I felt was right for baby.

I am a newbie but like I said I read a lot and try to do what is right for my new baby. I will be on the help forum I am sure asking you all questions until you are telling me to shut up LOL.

I got the baby from a coworker that just did not have the time to take care of the baby, and truthfully did not take it seriously. I wanted to get baby home with me and give he/she proper care asap.

The one good thing the previous owner did was box train baby...

Good thinking. A plain pellet is usually best.
Fell free to ask questions!

:helloand :welcome1to the forum! This is a great site with friendly people who are crazy about their bunny's. There is alot of good information here, we all like tohelp each other out!

By the way, you have a very cute bunny!:)

Since she is still a baby for a few more months what is a good brand for her???

I will buy the next time I get food for her!!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!!

I look forward to meeting and talking to other bunny lovers!!!:pinkbouce:

Jo & Foo Foo:bunnyhug:

I use Purina Rabbit Chow Show Quality, but they also have regular Purina Rabbit Chow. You will want to avoid anything with pieces of corn or dried fruit in it, as rabbits cannot digest the corn. Fruit is a good treat but it shouldn' t be a big part of their diet.

I feed my bunnies Oxbow Bunny Basics A and unlimited alfalfa. They're only about six weeks old and they're already eating romaine lettuce but that's as far as we're going with the veggies for now.

I had to go to a store that sells higher end pet foods. Chains like Petsmart and Petco where I live don't have much besides Kaytee small animal products, though Petco is starting to sell premium (and by that I mean Evo, Wellness, etc.) dog and cat foods.

I also feed my buns Oxbow pellets...and (since they are older) daily salads...and hay, of course.

Our vet's office carries the Oxbow pellets and hays at a much more reasonable cost than the area pet store that carries it.

Like others have said, just make sure to avoid pellets that have seeds & other stuff added.

=] Eyyo I got my bunny just about two weeks ago.
I feed mine NRM =] fruits and veggie's but they're still very small so i cant feed it that often to em, unlimited amount of hay and a treat every now and then =]

P.s your bunny is ADORABLE

Latest posts

Back