Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bijoux

Reaction score
Hi All, I just joined your site. I got a bunny about a month ago I guess and I've never had a bunny before. Although I am not new to pet ownership.

I believe my bunny has been happy but I'm concerned that he's bored. He started chewing on my couch and he has only done that before when it was a barrier to where he was trying to go, now he is chewing on it for no reason.

He has toys but they are of no interest to him, balls, rope, wood chewy things, baby keys. Today I made him some tunnels and he's gone through them but doesn't show that much interest. I also changed his bedroom (I call it that since its not confined like a cage) around to give his something new (my guinea pigs always loved it when I changed their cage).

Any advice on how to keep him from being bored or any kinds of toys that really appeal to bunnies?

Also, I cannot seem to keep him from matting. Under his arms, under his neck, even under his bottom lip. Any ideas?

One more thing, he is supposed to be between 7-9 months. The vet said he weighed 6 lbs but he's eating a lot lately. It might be the boredom but since he is so young, should I let him have more of his pellets when he wants them?

Thank you in advance.

Hello and Welcome to RO,

Is he neutered?

You will probably get more answers to your questions if you post in the main forum section :)

Do you know what breed your bun is?

If he is neutered you could maybe get him a friend he might not be as bored then :) Shelters are over flowing with bored buns that would love friends and a nice home.

Hope to see you around the forum,
Becca x

Welcome to the forum! One thing you could try is stuff toilet paper tubes with hay and if he will let you hold him just sit and watch tv and pet him or just sit in the room and watch him run around. He'll come over most likely and hop on and off your lap.

Look forward to seeing some pictures!

Welcome! we would love to see picks of your bunnies,hope you like RO:D

~Nicky

welcome to the forum.

Welcome to RO!

There is an active thread on the board about grooming Angora rabbits. You might find some good information there on how to deal with matting...

My guys particularly like it when I gently toss them toys, or roll balls towards them. Currently, I have a vertical pile of cardboard behind my couch (bookcase boxes, etc) They keep themselves busy by "digging" their tunnels through the boxes.

See you on the main forum :)

Autumn

Our bunny used to chew on the corner of our cabinet and I read to try to use the sour apple spray from pet stores. So, we did and it seemed to work. She also liked to run in a tunnel we put behind the couch she also kind of hid there. We also supplemented her pellets with occasional treats ie raisins, craisins, carrot tops, or romaine lettuce. Don't forget timothy hay!! Oh, and sometime they are entertained by the little bird toys with bells. Just some ideas! Welcome I am new to the forum also!

Welcome to RO! :) There's lots of great advice and friendly people here who will be able to help! Have fun!

Btw Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears, you use too many apostrophes, lol!

Latest posts

Back