Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blond_princess06 wrote:
o.k. thanks. Do you sujest breeding pet store bunnies?

April
Listen to what pam says..... she's a bunny judge!

Don't get her angry or she'll use her gavel! :shock:

rabbitgirl wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Pedigrees are not required to show at ARBA shows, although when youbegin to sell the offspring, you will find that most people preferpedigreed stock.

Pam

No kidding?? I had no idea ARBA didn't require pedigrees!!! (I've got a nice young Pal buck...lololol:D)

Rose

Would I kid you ? :) There are some county 4-H organizationsthat require their 4-Hers only purchase rabbits with pedigrees,however, it is not required by ARBA. In fact, you're rabbitneed not even be "purebred"! It just needs to meet the ARBAstandard for a particular breed. In one case, it was actuallya solid blue Checkered Giant that won Best Of Breed "American" at anARBA convention one year.

Pam

Delphinum wrote:
LOL Bo! :D

Welcome to the board April, sorry I didn't see your post sooner! Your bunnies are gorgeous! :)

Ang xx
I'm just trying to figure out what they have to go to court for! :shock:

;)

pamnock wrote:
Would I kid you ? :) There are some county 4-Horganizations that require their 4-Hers only purchase rabbits withpedigrees, however, it is not required by ARBA. In fact,you're rabbit need not even be "purebred"! It just needs tomeet the ARBA standard for a particular breed. In one case,it was actually a solid blue Checkered Giant that won Best Of Breed"American" at an ARBA convention one year.

Pam
cooool!

Well, then, you never know. You might see me sometime!;)Me and my Bubby....

Rose

blond_princess06 wrote:
O.K. thank you for telling me that information. Doyou think I should just keep my bunnies as pets?? instead ofbreeding and showing them??

April
Depends on who you breed them to, and what your goal is. Each parentprovides only half of the genes, so depending on the mate you could endup with nice babies. (How to predict that? Ask Pam!:D)

Rose

Latest posts

Back