New mbr intro

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhonda

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and look forward to having a few fun bunny chatsand getting to know some of you. I am 38 years old and I live with 2cute bunnies. I love them dearly. Surprise surprise right. Their namesare Meadow and Cappuccino and they are both three years old.

Rhonda

Welcome to the forum,Rhonda!

Nice to have you here. I'm Carolyn, I have one rabbit:Tucker, I'm around your age, ;)and I'm sure you'll like ithere on this forum. We've got a great group of people here asyou'll soon see.

Look forward to sharing stories, experiences, and learning along with you about rabbits. Glad you stopped by.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I'm glad I signed up for the Rabbits Only Forum. this is such a treat. I'm glad I found all of you. :D

I've been having a very good time here reading some of the posts.

How old is your little Tucker?

Rhonda

Hi rhonda!!! My name is lauren and i am one of the babies of the forum at only 13! I also have two bunnies-ebony and fidget.

wuv 4rm
lauren and the bunnies

xxoxoox:cool:

Greetings, Rhonda! Welcome to the forum.

I'm 42 and have a Californian fur baby by the name of Sherman who willbe three on Mother's Day! :) He's a doll and a realhandful. LOL!

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here. I am glad that I foundthis lovely space online. How long have you had your bunny? Do you planto keep him an only bunny or maybe get a companion bunny in the future.

I didn't have a bunny when I was growing up but my mother had one whenshe was a girl and I think hearig her talk about him is what promptedme to get one later. I had my first bunny at age 20. I named her Mandyand she was wonderful.

Today I have two girls and although they are not bonded I have notgiven up hope. Cappuccino tends to be very territorial. Meadow is quitea bit more layed back. I also have a cat who just walked by and sniffedCappuccino. The two of them are fine together. Maybe I just can't pickmy girls' friends.

Rhonda

Hello Bunnymommy,

First off, I like your name. It didn't occur to me at the time to thinkof something fun or bunny related. Oh well. I like my name just aswell.

Thanks for the friendly greeting. I look forward to getting to know youand I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time chatting about one of myfavorite topics. For years my friends thought I was a little kookybecause I'm obsessed with bunnies. Then came the internet and I finallygot sucked into the computer world and realized that plenty of otherpeople around the globe feel the same way that I do about bunnies. Itreally is wonderful.

Californians get fairly large don't they? How big is Sherman now? I'm sure he is a cuite.

A friend of mine sent me the weirdest photo via an email several daysago. It was a little black animal with all of its fur trimmed down to awavy close set coat. The face, legs and ears however were bursting withlong unmistakable Angora fur. It was sitting upright and facing thecamera. At first glance I thought it was a puppy. Then I read his emailand was astonished to find out that it was a bunny.

Have a fabulously bunny day.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda!

Welcome to the board.

I'm 14 and I also have two bunnies, BlueBelle and CupCake. They are both Holland Lops and so cute (like all bunnies!!) :D

Lissa, BlueBelle, and CupCake

Rhonda, Sherman is just a little over 10 pounds.

Before we got him we really didn't know that bunnies this bigexisted! When the lady brought him out to us (we adopted him)we were floored! My husband's mouth fell open, and he said,"Man! That's a BIG bunny!!!" LOL!

Imagine our surpise when we found out about Flemish Giants who get up to 20 pounds or more! :D

Bunnymommy,

You are very lucky to have a husband who also loves bunnies. Wheere didyou adopt Sherman? Did you go to a rabbit shelter? I'm sure the look onyour faces would have been worth a picture if you'd never seen a bunnythat size. I have only because of the internet.

I went on line looking for a bunny and was invited to a rabbit show. Ididn't know there was any such thing as a rabbit show and when I went Istood stock still at the door to the airplane hanger where it was heldand my mouth flew open and I stared just fascinated and shocked by whatI saw. I'd never seen so many rabbits in my life nor had I seen so manydiffernt sizes, breeds, or bunny crazy folks in my life.

At one point I looked up and saw a woman walking towards me wearingwhite and pink bunny ears, big fuzzy bunny slippers, a long sleavedsweat shirt with buunies on the sleeves and a bunny T-shirt over that.My only tought was. I AM NORMAL. I walked along the aisles and rows andjust felt too many emotions coming all at once to speak. It was a wildday I shall never forget. I got to one row of bunnies who were easily25 pounds each and I swallowed hard and just stared. What on earth dotheir mothers do with them at home?

I stuck with what I know. If one day I am blessed with a farm of my ownI'll definitely adopt a larger bun but for now both of my girls arefairly small.

Rhonda:)

Rhonda, we adopted Sherman from The House RabbitSociety, one of the rescue organizations. I found them when Iwas surfing the web for info on bunnies when we were consideringpurchasing one. I love this group's commitment tobunnies. They were very professional and personable andmatched us up with the PERFECT bunny! Their web address foranyone that's interested ishttp://www.rabbit.org .(Just a small plug for them ... ;) ).

Yes, I wish that someone had had a camera when she took Sherman out ofhis carrier. I don't know whose mouth dropped lower, mine ormy husband's! LOL!

My husband had a couple of bunnies growing up and so did I, so we weresomewhat familiar withthe nuances of bunny "parenting", butnot all. I really appreciate him for all of the support thathe gives in caring for Sherman.

I've never been to a rabbit show! It sounds reallyexciting! :D I'll have to put that on my and myhusband's "To-Do" list! It would be the next logical step forus as I'm getting more and more immersed in the world of bunnies!

WOW! A 25-pound rabbit!!! :shock: That's a sight that I've GOT to see! LOL!

Hello Bunnylover,

Thanks for the welcome. Two seems to be a good number for me as well on the bun front. I like haivng two little girls.

I just scooped out Cappuccino's litter box and am about to get Meadow'shay box refilled and set out for the day. She's my little oat haylover. I tried mixing the oat and Timothy hay when I first brought herhome hoping this would make her like both hays equally. Unfortunatelythis didn't work. My vet has told me that it's okay for her to eat theoat hay and I'm sure it is. It's just not as easy to find as Timothyhay. One guy here in the city sells oat hay. When he and his familypost notices that they are going on vacation then I know I have tostock up.

This week stangely enough they both have decided that they can do without strawberries as well. Beats me why this has happened.

Take care.

Rhonda

Hello again,

If I'm not mistaken both Showbunny.com and The ARBA have lists of shows all over the US.

I have since I acquired my girls found out about the HRS. They are awonderful organization. Last year I was lucky enough to go to theirEaster Sunday brunch in Richmond, California and see their space andmeet some new bunnies and have brunch with several other bunny lovers.They also held a silent auction for the wonderful bunny things thatthey have acquired over the years.

It really was fun.

Rabbit shows are exciting. At first it was a tad overwhelming to besurrounded by 100's of bunnies. One thing that they do at the showshere is sell food for the people and it's all really bad for you. Therewas biscuits and gravy, huge flap jacks with gobs of butter and hotsyrup, thick sausages, and truck loads of pastries. I had no idea therewould be food and I ate before I left thank goodness. There was nothinghealthy being served. Had I not eaten at home it would have been tooeasy to eat with everyone else.

One other thing. They were all very friendly. It was shocking how manypeople came over to me and just started talking and wanted me to meettheir bunnies.

Rhonda

Welcome Rhonda!

I'm sure you will enjoy this forum VERY much, the people are great.

I am 16 years old and live in Canada. I own 2 boy bunnies, Mocha AndSpice. Mocha is one and Spice will be one pretty soon. Spice is thebunny on my avater and Mocha is, of course, coffee colored, but shedsdarker.

Laura

Hello Laura,

so far it really does seem like I've stumbled onto the right bunny forum. This has a been a fabulous afternoon so far.

Ive just been puttering about the flat doing bunny chores and stoppingat the computer to chat with other bunny lovers. What a nice day it'sbeen as a result. I am going to have to take off in a few minutes andgo out into the real world and earn some money to support my bunnyhabit.

I have 4 cats to see this evening who need a bit of attention. Two ofthem need to be fed and two others at another location need to betreated.

I like the names you chose as well. Spice and Mocha.

Hi Rhonda,

Tucker's 3 years old.

When I was 18, I had gotten a cat and had him until he died 14 yearslater. Took me 5 years to decide to get another animal. Had to mournCypress because although I'm not a big cat person, he was awesome. He'dbeen with me through college, a marriage, a divorce, the death of myfather, and moving around.

When I finally decided to get another animal, I decided on a rabbit.Went to a petstore and picked one up that had been dropped off and lefton their doorstep 2 weeks prior. They didn't know how old he was. Hewas a gorgeous rabbit. My neice and I named him Skip-Boy. He loved tocuddle and be held. Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, he was dead of arespiratory infection. I got up one day in the morning noticed himsneezing, took him to the vet and that night when I went to see him inthe hospital, he died with me there. I was devastated.

The petstore gave me the wrong kind of cage, bedding, and information.I never knew rabbits were that fragile. I made the petstore buy backthe cage from me because it wasn't for a rabbit. One summer night whenit was very hot, I had Skip-Boy in the a/c room with me. He could'vedeveloped the respiratory infection from that, the stress of movingfrom one home to another, the improper bedding, eating some soiled hay,who knows!

I decided to get another rabbit, but did my homework this time andfound a breeder. Since they're a couple hours away from me, we had madean appointment to meet in the middle at their 'old' farm and I'd pickout a rabbit from there.

We decided to meet on September 11, 2001 at 1:00. As you know, thebombing of the Trades Center and the Pentagon happened that day, and noone knew whether they were coming or going.

I had no way of getting in touch with the breeders and had alreadyarranged to take the day off, etc., so I figured I'd better go just tosee if they were there. Of course, I would've understood if theyweren't. They got there about 10 minutes after I arrived. Their son wasin the Service and they were obviously very very worried, but there wasnothing they could do and so they came to meet me.

Tucker was the one that gave me the best hug. Also, he was just a baby at 8 weeks old.

No matter how difficult and challenging life can be at times, Tucker always makes me feel better. If he's okay, I'm okay.

I know what you mean about the experience of the rabbit show. After Ihad gone to my first one, I was so blown away at the beauty of therabbits, at how docile some of them were, and how much people knew themand were willing to take you under their wing and teach you. I'mabsolutely fascinated by things I continually learn about rabbits andthe stories people tell on this site.

The whole experience has been a wonderful journey. I've met people suchas yourself and the others on this board who are just genuinely goodpeople. Put a bunny on top of that, and you can't help but smile.

So glad to have you and all the others here to share the the fun and the worry with.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I really love your story about your cat and your love and devotion tohim even though you aren't a cat person per say. I loved reading abouthow you found your first bunny and then decided to do a bit of homeworkabout them before diving into the bunny arena again. I'm glad youdecided to give bunny love another try. That was a terrible experienceto have. I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must have felt.

I'm happy to know that you and Tucker are happy and healthy. It'swonderful to have a the love of a bunny. They are special littlecreatures.

I have to head out now and take care of some other people's cats so I'll chat with you all again soon.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda, welcome! My name is pam & ihave 1 bunny her name is Oreo & shes 4yrsold She's my first bunny.:D

~pam

Hello Pam,

Thank you for the friendly welcome. Is Oreo black and white orchocolate and white by any chance. Is her name a reference to thefamous cookies?

I look forward to hearing more about her.

Rhonda

Hi Rohnda, My name is Beckie and I have2 buns named Trouble and Trixie. They are named for theirpersonalities and they are about 2 1/2 years old. They weregiven to me as their old family did not want them any more.Honestly, they do not know what they have missed. Both aresweet but have definitely differentpersonalitytraits. They are a bonded pair and are so sweet towatch. Welcome to the forum.:DBeckie

Latest posts

Back