New Litter Results

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
First I have to apologize to all you Woody Pet deveotee's out there..

I recently bought Exquisicat Pine litter from PetSmart. I've been usingit for a couple days now and I absolutely LOVE it! It compressed pinepellets with the oils removed.

Woody Pet I had to change every other day or it smelled and the pellets were very small and broken up.

this new litter I am on day 3 and it still smells fresh..no urine odorat all. The pellets are large and extremely absorbent. I put in thesame amount in the pan as Woody pet and normally the woody pet would beall soaked up by now. This new litter has a ways to go yet.

The only downfall to it, is that it is more expensive than Woody Pet.This is $10 for 20lbs. Which isnt bad but still more than $5 for 30lbsfor woody pet.

In the same aspect tho, for those who cant find a woody pet distributorthere are PetSmarts almost everywhere and if, its a commercial brandthat can probably be found at any chain pet store.

Thanks, i think i may give it a try. :ponder:

Yesterday's news costs alot. Plus my mum bought the munchkins a gift card for Petsmart.

Hmmm I wonder if we have something similar inaustralia. Im currently using recycled newspaper litter and it getspretty wiffy even after a day or so. I will have a lookaround :)

Lorretta

I just got some America's Choice Superiorbedding (wood pellets for horse bedding.) It is huge pellets and I ampleased that they have no interest in eating it. It has very littleodor and so far is lasting well. 30lbs. under $5.00. Lissatold me about it (at Farm and Fleet)

FreddysMom wrote:
First I have to apologize to all you Woody Pet deveotee's out there..

I recently bought Exquisicat Pine litter from PetSmart. I've been usingit for a couple days now and I absolutely LOVE it! It compressed pinepellets with the oils removed.

Woody Pet I had to change every other day or it smelled and the pellets were very small and broken up.

this new litter I am on day 3 and it still smells fresh..no urine odorat all. The pellets are large and extremely absorbent. I put in thesame amount in the pan as Woody pet and normally the woody pet would beall soaked up by now. This new litter has a ways to go yet.

The only downfall to it, is that it is more expensive than Woody Pet.This is $10 for 20lbs. Which isnt bad but still more than $5 for 30lbsfor woody pet.

In the same aspect tho, for those who cant find a woody pet distributorthere are PetSmarts almost everywhere and if, its a commercial brandthat can probably be found at any chain pet store.
Tiff , If you compare costs withthis and woody pets it comes outto about the same, you areusing the same amount but needto change it as often balances out the differencein cost .
I am very disapointedwith Woody Pets as of late , I myselfhave been going through a lot more in order tokeep the smell down, and to keep the amount of urinecontained. it is getting very annoying .

FreddysMom wrote:
im not sure if its the same brand or not, but i use the catpine litter too...it does work really good. no smell at all.. i thinkwe get like 20lb for a little less than 5$..our comes from Frizbeesthough

peapoo_bunny wrote:
FreddysMom wrote:
im not sure if its the same brand or not, but i use the catpine litter too...it does work really good. no smell at all.. i thinkwe get like 20lb for a little less than 5$..our comes from Frizbeesthough
They had one more than one kind of pine pellet litter available, but ofthe different brands this one looked and felt the best. The cheaperones i looked at, if i fiddled with the pellets at all the crumbledright apart.

They also have this pine stuff that looks like saw dust .. I can only imagine the mess that must make!

Oh and another plus. ExquisiCat is made from 100% recycled material .. no new trees were harmed :)

I was able to locate a distributor of Guardianwood pellets. It's a little closer than where I had been going, too.(It's on Ratzer Rd. in Wayne NJ - CDS Landscaping)

I still have several bags of Woody Pet left, but I'm planning on picking up some Guardian to see how "we" like it.

I'll post the results when available.

~JimD

Latest posts

Back