New Lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
First off I want to say RIP Beethoven. While I was at Lexington yesterday he somehow pushed his door just enough to squeeze out(floor level cage). When I got home at 10PM lastnight I saw the dog with him in her mouth, I knew it could only be him. He was the best kids' rabbit and they always wanted him, if you wanted to hold a rabbit in my barn he was that rabbit.

With all death new life comes :pink iris:RIP Beethoven :tears2:

This morning I met up with my friend Sharon as she headed on her way to Lexington and then Louisville to the show I can't go to *moans*. She brought me a beautiful almost teddy Blue VM DM lionhead doe! Some days back(I will find out tonight when) she bred her to a Black VM DM buck.

Critique: To much wool, her saddle is not clean. Nice clean head which I am excited about and really wanted. Ears look long due to clean head. She is big but it is mostly wool so until I weight her I am unsure if she is really to big.Her body is a little to square, IMO. Beautiful full, deep, wide body. :pinkbouce:

SANY3840.jpg

SANY3841.jpg

what a beauty! I think you are right about her being all wool and she will weigh less than you expect. Are you starting a BEW project with her?

Oh yes, BEW! I am excited about that. If I remember right I never had any BEW lions but I did try for them, the genes never matched up.

The buck had retained his mane, as far as I last knew, so I am hoping that gene repeats. This girl is just 6 months old so I am unsure how her mane will do. She has a lot and it is THICK and long so I expect at least part to stay.

Oh wow - beautiful rabbit. I love her mane and it sorta looks crimped in the photos - which makes me think she's gonna keep it.

I love her head - her ears are..so so. Not the best but not the mule ears I used to see.

I agree about her body being blocky but I love her depth and bone from what I can see of her foot.

If she is overweight - take her to a buck that carries the dwarfing gene and her kids should do ok.

I'm dying to see what you get out of her since she was already bred.

She is a cutie...she really is. If I was doing a VM program with lions - I'd have gotten her in a heartbeat - so many strengths.

I can't wait to see your BEW program underway, that is an eventual goal of mine but I want more experience before I go there.

Eek :D That makes me feel loads better Peg! Loads better. I asked her to breed her because... well the only lion bucks I have is my litter so it will be at least 4 months before they could POSSIBLY produce. It was either the VM buck or the same sire of Steffi's babies and I do not need everyone related.

I would LOVE to work with chocolate, lilac, and torts in Lionheads. Maybe it will come to that soon with the chocolate and lilac tort babies.

yay babies! I bred a Lionhead doe and sold it to a lady a month or so ago, and it had three babies Easter day..and she's going out of the "rabbit business" already..guess it wasn't for her, so she's giving my Lionhead pair back along with the three babies, so apparently I'm going to have Lionheads..lol

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Eek :D That makes me feel loads better Peg! Loads better. I asked her to breed her because... well the only lion bucks I have is my litter so it will be at least 4 months before they could POSSIBLY produce. It was either the VM buck or the same sire of Steffi's babies and I do not need everyone related.

I would LOVE to work with chocolate, lilac, and torts in Lionheads. Maybe it will come to that soon with the chocolate and lilac tort babies.
If I had stayed in lionheads - this is the year I was going to do a COD on chocolates and otters. That hit me the other day...how it would've been in about 3 months from now.

But I know it was right for me to get out of lionheads and I think the only way I would get back into them is....well...I don't know. I'd love to do harlequin lionheads but they'd never be showable...and after losing Miss Bea - I sorta lost my heart for them.

But you go on those BEWs...they are so cute - I hope you get a litter of them from her.

Latest posts

Back