New job......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
Well i thought this day would never come !!! Igot a job after staying home for 8 yrs ( well kinda i did do in homeday care and have a 8 and 6 yr old!) i start tomorrow (Tuesday andThursday training ) then go full time on Monday so i wont seemuch of you in the day anymore....i will continue to leave cuddles outof his cage just barred in the bedroom...i cant imagine him stuck inhis cage for 7 hrs a day! Anyway i'll keep ya all posted on howeverything is going!

How Exciting,CuddlesMom!

Will be looking forward to how your first days go. I knowyou'll do great. Will miss you in here, but look forward toseeing you whenever you can pop in for a moment at night.

(Onepiece of advice that was given to me a long time ago and has served mevery well through the years is: Hold backyour trustand telling anyone about your personal life or feelings about anotherin the company for at least a year.)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
HowExciting,CuddlesMom!

Will be looking forward to how your first days go. I knowyou'll do great. Will miss you in here, but look forward toseeing you whenever you can pop in for a moment at night.

(One piece of advice that was given to me a long time ago and hasserved me very well through the years is: Holdbackyour trust and telling anyone about your personal life orfeelings about another in the company for at least a year.)

-Carolyn

Good Luck on the new job CuddlesMom! I "worked" very littlethroughout the years, primarily putting in time as a mom and doing alot of volunteer work. By the time all our children are grownand out of the house, we will have been raising kids over 40years! Not sure I know what I'm going to do with myself whenthe house is empty, but looking forward to doing more judging andtraveling with my husband.

Excellent advice Carolyn! My son just started with a new,much larger company and said they are certainly a backstabbing bunch:(:( You'd also be surprised how well that advice applies tothe rabbit show world -- you need to be very careful what you say andto whom.

Pam

Hey CuddlesMom,

How was your first day?

-Carolyn

P.S. Always take a lunch. If you skip it at first and work through it,they'll grow to expect it and make you feel guilty when you need thebreak. There's no sense setting yourself up.

Hi Pam,

I witness the backstabbing on all levels too many times throughout theday. That's why I stay to myself, don't get involved with cliques, andcome home every day for a short lunch instead of getting a free lunchthere. I'd rather see the rabbits. I'm a firm believer in keeping mypersonal life separate from my business life.

That advice has served me well through the years. You think in a coupleof months, you know the lay of the land, but you really don't. It doestake a year to really see other people's hidden agendas.

I'm very cautious of the 'sweetest' one to me the first day I started ajob. They're the ones that are usually ones to watch out for.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back